• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW's Reputation

It fits. It's a marketing site whose primary metric is emotional response to a brand. BMW generates a lot of that here in the forum!
;)

Best,

DG

Things you wouldn't know reading the BMW MOA Forum!

"BMW beats Google and Walt Disney to become world's most reputable brand."

You could beat Disney with a stick. I'm no fan of the Mouse. But, Google, now that's surprising.

Nice find Paul. And to re-emphasize its a top 100 list that this research company has been doing for quite some time.

It seems like in the army we used to refer to Mickey Mouse as cheap, as in, "get that Mickey Mouse piece of crap out of here." As I think the watches were notorious for being cheap and failing.

On a releated note the time synch tone we use to send to synch the clocks on our radio is technically referred to as a "Mickey".

It's good to see some indication out there that I have good taste in a world that try's to convince me otherwise.

Or been fined $40 million for failing to report safety defects in a timely manner.

Hey - with the right ad agency, YUGO could have made Forbe's Top 100!

Global perception? BMW bubbles to the top. Not surprised.

For many of us who own the product, not so easily swayed.

Nice bikes, but in need of many improvements.

Brand emotion is maleable. When I was under 25 years old, I was a BIG GM fan. I loved their cars. Now? Uh uh. Even if they're "better" than the bad old days, there's too much choice for second chances. Customer loyalty squandered. I love my BMW bikes and have for years. They are not perfect, but even after looking carefully there's nothing else that appeals to me. The only bike that comes close sometimes is the FJR but I just keep hoping for the K1600 modernized replacement to come out soon. Until it does, I'm thinking of adding a new RT to park beside my R1200R. A survey may be interesting whether it's legit or not, but has little if any bearing on what I buy or use in my life other than bringing products to my attention.

You know, reading this forum, you'd think many of the people on it were led at gun-point to buy their BMW bikes. I belong to a few BMW bike forums and this is the worst -- in fact the only one -- for its level of negativity, whether it's the product, the HQ move etc., etc. Do you guys ever "listen" to yourselves? It wasn't always like this, but it sure has become rather off-ptting of late. I know I can easily solve that -- and I do -- by spending a lot less time around here. I mean, who wants the constant carping, whining, smugness and the like?

You know, reading this forum, you'd think many of the people on it were led at gun-point to buy their BMW bikes. I belong to a few BMW bike forums and this is the worst -- in fact the only one -- for its level of negativity, whether it's the product, the HQ move etc., etc. Do you guys ever "listen" to yourselves? It wasn't always like this, but it sure has become rather off-ptting of late. I know I can easily solve that -- and I do -- by spending a lot less time around here. I mean, who wants the constant carping, whining, smugness and the like?

And like you, we all need something to whine about from time to time...even if it's whining about the "whining, smugness"!

I completely agree. We now have three or four guys in the same class as riotgirl. I solved it by putting them all on my ignore list.

More Good Days Ahead

+1

More Good MOA Days Ahead. Especially after the snow melts.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

I am so happy and honored to be allowed to be a member of this forum. As a group we are so smart and know so much more than anybody else in the entire world. :) :)

I completely agree. We now have three or four guys in the same class as riotgirl. I solved it by putting them all on my ignore list.

Hey! It isn't my fault, they wouldn't give me a refund. I'll sprinkle in a few "positive" comments throughout the remaining year for balance. OMG! There's still 354 days to go...well, I'll try anyway.

I will say one thing, I tapped into more early information by typing in GOOGLE than I did typing in MOA (BMW) regarding our "Club's" move to a different time zone. But I'll admit, I've read more about "fired" employees and great new clubhouse (break rooms, conference rooms, campus and museum...and of course new Center project) here. Another "Club" benefit I suppose.

Last edited:
Hey! It isn't my fault, they wouldn't give me a refund. I'll sprinkle in a few "positive" comments throughout the remaining year for balance. OMG! There's still 354 days to go...well, I'll try anyway.

Kinda interesting......I find that rarely someone will admit to something in this way :thumb
OM

Kinda interesting......I find that rarely someone will admit to something in this way :thumb
OM

Oh the 'way' of the truth.

Yes, somewhat dismayed with the "Club's" direction...or perhaps I should say, my personal lack of knowledge regarding its direction. However, as we all should know, this "Club" and our participation at whatever level, is a minor aspect of life. Especially when there is ice and snow and 7 degree temps.

And I will say, I'm happy for those who find an increased interest and value in being a member. Perhaps it is age, but that "been there done that" frame of thought seems to tug me away more and more...and incidents like an unannounced move and the difficulty in understanding its need/value, adds to that tug.

Back