Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW's Reputation

BMW's Reputation

Things you wouldn't know reading the BMW MOA Forum!

"BMW beats Google and Walt Disney to become world's most reputable brand."

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...eputable-brand
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

It fits. It's a marketing site whose primary metric is emotional response to a brand. BMW generates a lot of that here in the forum!

Best,

DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 R100GS "Bee"-- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

[QUOTE=PGlaves;1028416]Things you wouldn't know reading the BMW MOA Forum!

"BMW beats Google and Walt Disney to become world's most reputable brand."

You could beat Disney with a stick. I'm no fan of the Mouse. But, Google, now that's surprising.

I'll bet Mickey never had a rear end failure!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Nice find Paul. And to re-emphasize its a top 100 list that this research company has been doing for quite some time.

It seems like in the army we used to refer to Mickey Mouse as cheap, as in, "get that Mickey Mouse piece of crap out of here." As I think the watches were notorious for being cheap and failing.

On a releated note the time synch tone we use to send to synch the clocks on our radio is technically referred to as a "Mickey".

It's good to see some indication out there that I have good taste in a world that try's to convince me otherwise.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Cainey View Post
    Or been fined $40 million for failing to report safety defects in a timely manner.
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Cainey View Post
    That's the genius of corporate BMW - according to them, there is no such thing.

BS comes in many guises - sometimes, a splashy logo and cool slogans?!
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kthutchinson View Post
    Or been fined $40 million for failing to report safety defects in a timely manner.
    Hey - with the right ad agency, YUGO could have made Forbe's Top 100!

Global perception? BMW bubbles to the top. Not surprised.

For many of us who own the product, not so easily swayed.

Nice bikes, but in need of many improvements.
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

Brand emotion is maleable. When I was under 25 years old, I was a BIG GM fan. I loved their cars. Now? Uh uh. Even if they're "better" than the bad old days, there's too much choice for second chances. Customer loyalty squandered. I love my BMW bikes and have for years. They are not perfect, but even after looking carefully there's nothing else that appeals to me. The only bike that comes close sometimes is the FJR but I just keep hoping for the K1600 modernized replacement to come out soon. Until it does, I'm thinking of adding a new RT to park beside my R1200R. A survey may be interesting whether it's legit or not, but has little if any bearing on what I buy or use in my life other than bringing products to my attention.

You know, reading this forum, you'd think many of the people on it were led at gun-point to buy their BMW bikes. I belong to a few BMW bike forums and this is the worst -- in fact the only one -- for its level of negativity, whether it's the product, the HQ move etc., etc. Do you guys ever "listen" to yourselves? It wasn't always like this, but it sure has become rather off-ptting of late. I know I can easily solve that -- and I do -- by spending a lot less time around here. I mean, who wants the constant carping, whining, smugness and the like?
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    You know, reading this forum, you'd think many of the people on it were led at gun-point to buy their BMW bikes. I belong to a few BMW bike forums and this is the worst -- in fact the only one -- for its level of negativity, whether it's the product, the HQ move etc., etc. Do you guys ever "listen" to yourselves? It wasn't always like this, but it sure has become rather off-ptting of late. I know I can easily solve that -- and I do -- by spending a lot less time around here. I mean, who wants the constant carping, whining, smugness and the like?
    And like you, we all need something to whine about from time to time...even if it's whining about the "whining, smugness"!
    MOA #46783

I completely agree. We now have three or four guys in the same class as riotgirl. I solved it by putting them all on my ignore list.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    And like you, we all need something to whine about from time to time...even if it's whining about the "whining, smugness"!

+1

Rather than whining try getting a life.
    Marty Hill
    7 GS white

Ride till you can't

More Good Days Ahead

+1

More Good MOA Days Ahead. Especially after the snow melts.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    #71,449