• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RT range

The tank on the newer RTs is 6.2 gal.. I typically can go 275 miles road or town. Keeping at 55 mph (no fun) , I have gotten to 300 miles. I figure overall I am getting 48mpg.

I like to think my 2014 RT is FUN not matter how fast... or slow I go :wave

Going September 9th. Route out will be from Brooklyn NY to Golden Gate bridge this is the hard way route. Taking 80 basically the entire way so passing through PA, OH, IN, IL, IA, NE, CO, WY UT AND NV.

Taking time to get home so heading north to WA before going east and may jump into Canada to stay north of the lakes before dropping south.

Sent from my KFSAWA using Tapatalk

It is the hard way. If you started in Jacksonville, FL and ride to San Diego it would be 2368 miles. Your 50cc would be a lot more relaxed. You still have to ride there from home, but that is not on the clock. Just a thought. The longer route gives less extra time for R&R, eating, fueling, and dealing with any roadside problem.

It is the hard way. If you started in Jacksonville, FL and ride to San Diego it would be 2368 miles. Your 50cc would be a lot more relaxed. You still have to ride there from home, but that is not on the clock. Just a thought. The longer route gives less extra time for R&R, eating, fueling, and dealing with any roadside problem.
It is the hard way.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

50CC Gas Milage on a 2014 RT

I completed the 50CC last year on a 2014 RT running the West to East route on I8 and I10. The RT averaged 41.6 mpg with the lowest mpg between San Diego and Dateland, AZ at 38.8 mpg and the highest of 45.3 mpg in Florida. My average milage on a tank was 234, with a max of 261. The most fuel that I put in the tank was 6.18 gallons in Junction, TX. My range was much lower than I expected and totally blew my planned gas stops. With limited interstate riding experience on this bike, I failed to account for head winds, 80 mph speed limits, climbing mountains and California gasoline. As others have said, this is a pretty big deal west of San Antonio, with gas stations often few and far between, and not at all a problem in the eastern states as there seems to be gas stations every few miles. While fuel cells are generally a great idea for extended LD riding, beware that the 50CC rules call for stopping every 350 miles. The 50CC is a fantastic ride, I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a great time.

Thanks for this. At this moment I am going to plan for fuel stops every 225 to 250 miles. I am going to run some tests to see if removing the top case has any positive effect on fuel economy and if so by how much.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back