Thread: Hello from Nova Scotia.

Hello from Nova Scotia.

Greetings from Riverside N.S.I have been a MOA member for many years and thought it was time to join the Forum .

This is where all the cool members hang out. Velcome to da forums.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Welcome to the forum! What bikes do you own and what sort of riding do you like to do? It's always been on my bucket list to head to your area of North America. Pictures probably don't do it justice.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Welcome.

I got quite snockered in Halifax one evening while attending a Canadian military course, and then was forced into drinking a fair amount the next day aboard HMCS Provider. I must visit N.S. again someday so I'll have some memories.

Please consider filling out your profile so members can learn a little about you.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Ok, cool members and two total geeks...
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

Na Kevin and Kurt aren't geeks, they are cool too....

Wait for it.....
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

Traveling to NS this summer!

Hey 49261,
    My wife and I are planning to head to the BMW Rally in Western NY this summer and we're noticing that the Cabot Trail is only 2,500 miles out of the way!
    What are some must see places in NS?
    Thanks,
    TJLeMay

Welcome fellow Canadian, You will find a lot of helpful people and useful information here.

What do you ride?
    Ambassador Emeritus BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    Niagara Riders
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS

Quote Originally Posted by TJLeMay View Post
    Hey 49261,
    My wife and I are planning to head to the BMW Rally in Western NY this summer and we're noticing that the Cabot Trail is only 2,500 miles out of the way!
    Thanks,
    TJLeMay
    You will like it! Was there last October. Took a counter clock tour of Cape Breton Island. Up to Sydney, from there to Cabot Trail.
    Also counter clock so the scenery is always on my side of the road. From there to Sydney, Clockwise around the coast, up to Digby.
    Took the ferry to St.John, NB. Nice ride, friendly people. A motorcyclist's paradise, more bikes than cars! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by TJLeMay View Post
    Hey 49261,
    Thanks,
    TJLeMay
    assuming that you mean round trip to Hamburg? I have a bit of knowledge about this route. Take cable ferries, camp at KOA after crossing from Seal Island (tell Jason that the Salty Fog Riders sent ya), go to Clucking Hen, go to Meat Cove (and eat at the Chowder Hut there), stop in Cheticamp, go to the Red Shoe in Mabou, stop at Glenora Distillery, take route 4 on west side,......... overall, don't be in a hurry....relax. Lots to see;research it. Must see places in NS?........ again, don't be in a hurry and shut off the gps. - Bob
    Bob Weber
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

N.s.

Wonderful Province you have there. The people the same.
    Goo'd Riverside N.S. Is it the same as Riverside Corner?

Do 30,000 bikes really show up for the "Wharf Rat Rally" in Digby ?

Good advice to turn off the GPS.
    I may not have stumbled upon "The Incident" Festival had I not been paying attention. Now there's my kind of excuse for a festival.

They probably still do, but in the '70's around Cheticamp, they were grilling Lobster tails on a grill in the local park like we grill hamburgers. Except this family grill held 40-50 lobster tails.
    One of the most memorable camping spots was just North of Cheticamp on the Gulf side of the road. A tent spot on the edge of a small cliff above a deserted beach, Sunset over the water and free firewood. Not to mention whales.

Great memories,
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Cainey View Post
    Welcome fellow Canadian, You will find a lot of helpful people and useful information here.

What do you ride?
    Thanks for the welcome.I have an k75s which has a gremlin in it and I don't have the time to look at it and a 1200gs.The gs is my favorite ride.I have a Russell Day long for the seat and set up with Micatec bags,no gps on it though .

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    assuming that you mean round trip to Hamburg? I have a bit of knowledge about this route. Take cable ferries, camp at KOA after crossing from Seal Island (tell Jason that the Salty Fog Riders sent ya), go to Clucking Hen, go to Meat Cove (and eat at the Chowder Hut there), stop in Cheticamp, go to the Red Shoe in Mabou, stop at Glenora Distillery, take route 4 on west side,......... overall, don't be in a hurry....relax. Lots to see;research it. Must see places in NS?........ again, don't be in a hurry and shut off the gps. - Bob
    I have usually done the Trail counter clock wise and stayed over night in Cheticamp and walk over to the Dorrymen for supper.They usually have music on the weekend and the place can be lively.Another place to ride is the Gaspereau Valley and the Valley.If you decide to go to Peggy's Cove it is usually a zoo and stay off the black rocks.I agree with turning off the gps.I don't have one and always use a map instead .Sometimes you find the best roads when you are lost.