• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The infamous R1200RT tool kit

I know my picture was sucky... I admitted it.
Nothing wrong with your picture or any of the pictures as far as I'm concerned. You got a good thread going and it shows the variations of what can be carried- and why.
It all looks good to me :thumb What I have in my tool kit......I don't remember- but something I know I have- TP :)
OM

Nothing wrong with your picture or any of the pictures as far as I'm concerned. You got a good thread going and it shows the variations of what can be carried- and why.
It all looks good to me :thumb What I have in my tool kit......I don't remember- but something I know I have- TP :)
OM

TP. Yes indeed! Never know when that's going to come in handy. But best to have it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OM

Thanks man... Means a lot.

I have installed two BMW accessory plugs on the right side of my bike. They go straight to the battery through an auxiliary fuse box. One on the front opposite of the one on the fairing, the other in the back below the seat opposite of the stock one. One of them is switched and one is un-switched. This way I don't have to worry about the CANABUS system.

When I have my BMW tankbag I carry a Slime Pump like the one Rocketman posted.
When I use the small Bag-Connection tankbag I use a pump that I removed from a cheap Walmart pump.

IMG_0093.jpg

Reece, if your bike has Canbus the accessory outlet probably run a air pump, but the battery pack you carry should work.

Here's a pic north of Big Bend NP where a friend plugged a flat on a K1200S but his bike would not run his tire pump. We ended up plugging the pump into Debbie's non canbus bike.
Picture_025.jpg

We were lucky to have the shade of a Border Patrol station to do the work.
Picture_023.jpg

I have installed two BMW accessory plugs on the right side of my bike. They go straight to the battery through an auxiliary fuse box. One on the front opposite of the one on the fairing, the other in the back below the seat opposite of the stock one. One of them is switched and one is un-switched. This way I don't have to worry about the CANABUS system.

I'll just have to rub my ranger tab... Foods a crutch anyways. Unless you're a signal guy, and then you have to bring a duce and a half full of MRE's with you to the field. Nothing but love bernie. :love

I respect the people that wear the RANGER tab. They are the ones that are trained to put their lives on the line when the going gets tough. I have a good friend that went through it when he was a Cadet at the Point. He has a lot of stories of the training at Benning.

Bernie

One more thing I forgot to mention.

I also carry a folding bag that can hold about two liter of fuel in case I run out of gas.

Takes hardly any space in the side case.

(It's actually the inner bag of a Tim Horton's 10 cup coffee container. The bag is perfectly safe for carrying fuel)

One more thing I forgot to mention.

I also carry a folding bag that can hold about two liter of fuel in case I run out of gas.

Takes hardly any space in the side case.

(It's actually the inner bag of a Tim Horton's 10 cup coffee container. The bag is perfectly safe for carrying fuel)

Since we do not have the blessings of Tim Horton's, I got a one gallon bag at Starbucks. I carry 3 feet of aquarium hose as well.

Since we do not have the blessings of Tim Horton's, I got a one gallon bag at Starbucks. I carry 3 feet of aquarium hose as well.

These coffee containers are a great idea! Am not sure that 3 ft hose will do you any good unless the car is full.
But is good to have it! Thanks for the practical suggestions!

Like all the photos and type'n of different kits and their contents! Good to see and read n compare.

Good to read the Ranger got an air pump. It might not get used since he has one now.

One thing I carry, that hasn't been mentioned, is JB Weld. It doesn't take up much space and can do remarkable repairs.

:wave

These coffee containers are a great idea! Am not sure that 3 ft hose will do you any good unless the car is full.
But is good to have it! Thanks for the practical suggestions!

20141121_102258_resized-2.jpg
I think it was my brother who gave me one of these I have not tried, it lives in the GS sidecase. Maybe a bit sturdier than the coffee bag if you had to hoof it down the road. I think my CLEAR hose is about 5' and has been used:thumb

Another version:

home_welcome_image.jpeg

http://itzagascan.com/products/solo-pack

I have this Slime kit:
http://www.amazon.com/Slime-50001-Power-Sport-Smart/dp/B000M8SY0I

View attachment 53801

Just ditch the Slime Sealant and the cheesy pressure gauge, and add a reamer and these plugs and you're all set for about $30.
View attachment 53802,View attachment 53803

There is a Slime 40001 as well as a 50001 kit. Just verify...I think pump & accessories are the same, but one may come with the green slime & one may not.

Or, many rave about the Stop-N-Go Motorcycle Products here:
http://www.stopngo.com/motorcycles/

This is their bike kit:
http://www.stopngo.com/tubeless-puncture-pilot-for-motorcycles-scooters-atvs/
My slime did not come with the green goop.

When I have my BMW tankbag I carry a Slime Pump like the one Rocketman posted.
When I use the small Bag-Connection tankbag I use a pump that I removed from a cheap Walmart pump.

IMG_0093.jpg

Reece, if your bike has Canbus the accessory outlet probably run a air pump, but the battery pack you carry should work.

Here's a pic north of Big Bend NP where a friend plugged a flat on a K1200S but his bike would not run his tire pump. We ended up plugging the pump into Debbie's non canbus bike.
Picture_025.jpg

We were lucky to have the shade of a Border Patrol station to do the work.
Picture_023.jpg

I installed an accessory plug straight from the battery avoiding the Canbus system. I have one also using a switched through a relay.

Annie and I have had good results in using Peg Packers (http://www.bestrestproducts.com/c-114-pegpacker.aspx). They fit in the brackets that normally hold the passanger foot pegs and allow you to carry one or two gallons on either side of the bike; we have never tried the two-gallon containers. The added weight is carried low and the containers are relatively well protected in case of a mishap. We've used them on multiple models of BMWs ranging from a 93 GSPD to a 2014 F800GS. Annie got them when we lived in Fairbanks and regularly rode the haul road and other roads that were far from fuel. She was riding a F650GS thumper at the time and the two extra gallons she carried extended her range by 130-140 miles.

Back