• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Marble Falls, Texas - November 18-20, 2016

Getaways

So, it is going to cost me $178 bucks for the two of us to attend. I don't find any information on what that does for us. Could we have some details please. Hotel and area look great. mt

MT -

In the link there were contacts for Paul Mulhern and Bill Edwards. Try contacting them via email and asking your question. Get them to come back to this thread and post an answer to it so others can get a better feel of the event.

The rally fee includes a goody bag, with a t-shirt and some other swag. A social gathering on Friday with light food and cash bar and dinner on Saturday. There will be door prizes/awards given away at the dinner. In addition we will have packets with information on places to see and go in the local area and maps of the best roads, eating places, attractions, etc.
The hotel fee will include breakfast, high speed internet, pool, etc.
You can contact myself or Bill directly (our emails are on the event site) if you have any more questions.
Hope to see you there.

Go for it

So, it is going to cost me $178 bucks for the two of us to attend. I don't find any information on what that does for us. Could we have some details please. Hotel and area look great. mt

Mike, you'll want to go b/c Paula and I should be there.

Downside is there won't be a competition that Della can kick everyones tail at!

Pre-run

So, for spring break 2016 my 13 YO son and I had decided to ride to Big Bend from our home in eastern Oklahoma. The plan was to ride the 3 sisters, staying the first night in that general area. After learning of this Getaway I decided to make my reservation at the getaway host hotel.

The ride to the hotel from eastern Oklahoma was uneventful and easy, bypassing the Dallas area. Finding the hotel was a bit tricky only because my GPS decided the hotel was on the other side of the lake, we turned around and got checked in quickly. The room we had was great, overlooking the lake.

DSC07819-L.jpg
DSC07801-L.jpg
DSC07806-L.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-run (2)

After checking in we literally walked across the street to the world famous Blue Bonnet Cafe where there was a short wait (well worth it). The place is bigger than you think and they had us seated within 15 minutes or so, despite the line at the door.

IMG_2584-L.jpg
IMG_2586-L.jpg

We got up the next morning, riding the hour or so to the beginning of the 3 sisters - along the route we must have passed 50 wineries between Marble Falls and Kerrville, where we stayed our second night after making our first run at the 3 sisters. If you've never ridden 3 sisters, that alone is worth the visit, nice twisties, great views and changes in elevation.

DSC07839-M.jpg

The following morning we rode a section we had missed the day before and continued our journey to Big Bend.

This area has something to offer everyone - wine, shopping, great riding and a beautiful host hotel!

Anyone departing on Friday morning from DFW area?

Looking to partner with a few folks for the Marble Falls getaway, anyone from DFW area looking to meet up?

Terry

Yes we had to close registration because of the seating limits for the dinners on Friday and Saturday.

Great riding!

I can see where all this is leading. The Blue Bonnet is famous for their pies and always wins out in the restaurant contest in Ride Texas magazine.
The Three Sisters deserve a complete weekend based in Leakey. Do all three roads in both directions. Go during the week so you don't have to deal with the Harleys and Wings blocking the roads. I won't mention any other great roads because once the secret is out, everyone and their brother will be out there creating a mess like the Tail of The Dragon has become!

Marble Falls Getaway info

It's the itenerary and a letter, both below.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
BMW MOA WEEKEND GETAWAY
HAMPTON INN ON THE LAKE, MARBLE FALLS, TEXAS
NOVEMBER 18-20, 2016

Friday, November 18

12 PM – 5:45 PM Registration in the River Bend Conference Center (the blue roofed building across the parking lot from the inn)

6 PM – 10 PM Welcome reception in the Riverbend Conference Center
Meet and greet, fajita bar, cash bar, ride maps and local information

Saturday, November 19

Breakfast in the hotel breakfast area or any of several fine local restaurants

8 AM – 10 AM Late registration in the River Bend Conference Center

Sunrise – 5 PM Ride and explore the Texas highland lakes region. Remember to be back in time for dinner!

6 PM – 7 PM “Ride Tales” Reception the River Bend Conference Center. Cash bar available.

7 PM – 8 PM Dinner buffet. Steak dinner with all the trimmings.

8 PM – 10 PM Ride reports, Door prize drawings, socials time, and general frivolity

Sunday, November 20

Breakfast in the hotel breakfast area or any of several fine local restaurants

7 AM – 11 AM Depart for home

Ride safe and thank you for supporting your BMW MOA

BMW MOA
Weekend Getaway
Hampton Inn on the Lake, Marble Falls, Texas

Well in less than a month we will be gathering in the highland lakes area of central Texas for some good riding, good food and good friends (not necessarily in that order).

We want to take this opportunity to welcome you to our part of Texas. The riding is great in this area and we know you’ll leave wanting more. But before we get started we need to make sure everyone understands some basic facts about this event.

This is a hotel rally. All the events (socials, dinners, drawings, etc.) will take place in the Riverbend Conference Center across the parking lot from the Hampton Inn on the Lake in downtown Marble Falls. You must be preregistered for the event in order to gain access to the center where the rally events and food will take place. Limited seating precludes any walkup registration.

Hopefully you already have hotel reservations either with the host facility or one of the other accommodations in town. There is no tent camping available at or near the host hotel or in Marble Falls. The closest available camping is about 20 miles away. Please be aware that this part of the hill country region has an over abundant supply of deer and they are quite active just before and after dark so we strongly discourage riding during that period.

This is Texas and we love our BBQ and grilled meats. If your diet precludes the consumption of meat please contact me at pmulhern@swbell.net and we will make every effort to accommodate you.

We look forward to meeting everyone. Have a safe trip to Marble Falls. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Paul Mulhern (pmulhern@swbell.net)
Bill Edwards (edwardsw@gvtc.com)

Anyone Camping @ Marble Falls Getaway?

Anyone have any luck finding a camping grounds that doesn't require you to have a less than 10-year old 5th wheel or Winnebago? Looking at the LCRA's "Camp Creek" as the basecamp for a couple of nights. Hidden Falls Adventure Park is just up the road, but to stay a night in a tent will cost 2xdays of riding fees plus the cost to camp = $70! Even after 2+ years of ADV riding, I continue to look for opportunities to hone my packing list and arrangement every outing I take and am just to darn cheap to stay in a hotel!:wave

Back