• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Muskoka, Canada, Ontario - May 27-29, 2016

Recently had the opportunity to visit Camp Tamarack where the Getaway will be this year. Beautiful grounds, great facilities, and a wide variety of very scenic roads in the area. Really looking forward to being there!

How do I register for the day activities only - no accommodations?
I live close by and want be be attending one or two days only.
Thx

How do I register for the day activities only - no accommodations?
I live close by and want be be attending one or two days only.
Thx

From the link to the homepage info, it says the following:

There will not be any option for opting out on accommodation or meals. We have negotiated a very good price for the camp, but we are charged the same flat rate for every attendee, so the registration fee will include everything whether you use all of the amenities or not.

Looks like it's only one price. :dunno

Presentations

Check out the link from the Muskoka homepage to see all the talks scheduled this year for the evenings. We will hear about the Iron Butt, the Pamir, the Trent-Severn Canal, the Trans-Labrador Corridor (the TLH) and more, sign up to get in on the action filled weekend

High Ropes Confidence Experience

This year, we are hosting at a new and much better venue. As an added bonus we are having a high ropes confidence course with professional instructors! it will be FREE, and included with your Getaway fee. You must check off the box when you register so we can get enough staff to take care of us on he course. I have seen it, and it looks amazing way up high in the pines beside the lake. Lots have signed up already...will you?:dance

Accommodations Filling Up FAST

If you wanted your own private room in a cabin, you are too late--they were allocated on a first come basis, and they are all spoken for now. We still have many bunk beds available, and virtually unlimited camping sites. As an added benefit, if you are camping and the weather turns miserable, you can always grab a bunk in a dorm, as we have lots available to stay dry or warm, at no additional cost!

Our Getaway is limited to the number of meals they can serve at one time, and not actually by the number the camp can accommodate.

See you in May!:ca

If you wanted your own private room in a cabin, you are too late--they were allocated on a first come basis, and they are all spoken for now. We still have many bunk beds available, and virtually unlimited camping sites. As an added benefit, if you are camping and the weather turns miserable, you can always grab a bunk in a dorm, as we have lots available to stay dry or warm, at no additional cost!

Our Getaway is limited to the number of meals they can serve at one time, and not actually by the number the camp can accommodate.

See you in May!:ca

We are getting excited about the great twisting roads to ride up in the scenic vacationland of the Muskokas! There are a wide selection of paved winding roads to ride, as well as some gravel & a few off road trails. We should all have a terrific time up there.

GPS Routes

On the event page, it states:
All routes will be available for download to your GPS unit once you sign up. You will be given access to the download link at that time.

But so far I haven't received anything, and I can't see anything else about this on the page. Will these be sent out closer to the date, or am I missing something?

On the event page, it states:

But so far I haven't received anything, and I can't see anything else about this on the page. Will these be sent out closer to the date, or am I missing something?

The link is included in the confirmation email. Contact me at ted@bmwmoa.org if you are missing the link.

Ted

Last edited:
The link is included in the confirmation email. Contact me at ted@bmwmoa.org if you are missing the link.

Ted

Thanks Ted. The only "registration confirmation" I received was a "Thank you for your order email." I've looked at it several times, and it doesn't have any links so I appreciate you posting this.

Best wishes,
Hugh

Last edited by a moderator:
Check-in Time?

I don't see it mentioned in the info on the event page, so I'll just ask. What time does registration open on Friday? We're trying to plan our day, and would like to arrive at a 'reasonable' time.

Cheryl

Registration

I don't see it mentioned in the info on the event page, so I'll just ask. What time does registration open on Friday? We're trying to plan our day, and would like to arrive at a 'reasonable' time.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, we open the reg offically at 5 pm but folks will be rolling in through the afternoon, just may not have rooms assigned yet until 5. Hope that helps.

Bill

Riding up together?

Wife and I are riding from NYC Friday morning. Anyone interested in riding up together? This is our first bike trip to Canada and w are looking forward to it.
-Vince

From Virginia

I am planning to leave from Virginia/DC area on Wednesday morning to arrive Friday.
If anyone is passing by and doesn't mind grouping with another rider, please let me know.

I should be passing into PA in the afternoon too.

Good luck!

Great Muskoka Riding

My notes about riding in Muskoka -- see attachment. Everybody must do #4 -- Peninsula Rd aka hwy 632, Rosseau to Port Carling. Plan for lunch in Port Carling at Ella's Place.

Jim Reicker
R1200RT

Attachments

• Muskoka Riding.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 32
Thanks

Thanks to Bill Hooykaas and his team for planning and bringing off such a great weekend! Thoroughly enjoyed myself and the riding was superb!

Jim Reicker
Ottawa, Canada

Back