• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Fontana, North Carolina -- 4.22 - 4.24.2016

I will be driving from work with my bike on the back of a trailer, so yes, I will be that guy that will have a truck and a trailer in case it is needed. I will be more than happy to help anybody out with a lift if needed... I was planning on ridding there but I have to do some things for work early in the AM Friday :banghead...I will be there Friday afternoon. It is like a 6 hr drive for me.

Totally understandable. And having a truck and trailer available is always a plus. My ministry, His Blood Warriors, was able to obtain a trailer a few years ago. It's quite the ministry tool, as almost every time we have our chase vehicle and trailer on a ride, someone enievitably ends up with their bike on board. People really appreciate that level of support.

As a full time employee myself, with family, I've learned that it is difficult to squeeze in all the motorcycle life has to offer. This year, my approach is to be more strategic in my commitment and manage my calander more effectively. I've found if I wait till the last minute and simply keep the event as an "option" more often than not, something shows up on my calander that will compete with it. So Fontana and Hamburg have become my focal points, and I'll work around those two major events.

Totally understandable. And having a truck and trailer available is always a plus. My ministry, His Blood Warriors, was able to obtain a trailer a few years ago. It's quite the ministry tool, as almost every time we have our chase vehicle and trailer on a ride, someone enievitably ends up with their bike on board. People really appreciate that level of support.

As a full time employee myself, with family, I've learned that it is difficult to squeeze in all the motorcycle life has to offer. This year, my approach is to be more strategic in my commitment and manage my calander more effectively. I've found if I wait till the last minute and simply keep the event as an "option" more often than not, something shows up on my calander that will compete with it. So Fontana and Hamburg have become my focal points, and I'll work around those two major events.

May I ask who you work for there in Enterprise? Mother Rucker?

OK! Good!! I am a Lakota Pilot for the NCNG.. Was there in 06. Currently flying 145's for a hospital in Greenville, NC. :thumb

We'll talk later. Would like to hear how's the UH-72's doing the primary training job.. :scratch

Campfire talk. I was the thunder flight platoon leader teaching 58D's at Hanchey in '06. I left in March of that year for an Iraqi deployment during the surge at my 20th year. Retired in '08 came back to Rucker with the DAC gig, been here ever since.

I'm in

Registration - check
Reservation - check
Annual Leave - check
Spousal Unit approval - check

Spousal Unit (aka Shooter) may be in attendance, if not, all stories to her about my behavior MUST be positive and reflect how I tried to save you guys and gals from yourselves!

See you in Fontana!

Registration - check
Reservation - check
Annual Leave - check

Spousal Unit (aka Shooter) may be in attendance, if not, all stories to her about my behavior MUST be positive and reflect how I tried to save you guys and gals from yourselves!

See you in Fontana!

Wes, your so funny. I look forward to seeing you again.

With all due regards - my memory of Fontana is the goof sherrif, his equally goofy minions, and the state of North Carolina troppers terrorizing the RA rally with helicopters, road blocks, musical insults and other totally unconstitutional harrrasment., I have not been, and will probably never go back. MOA may think this is a cool place. But I will never go back to there. I remember tham as an abusive pathetic regime. I seldom celebrate death, but that duffus Sheriff's suicide was somethinng the whole world needed.!!!!! Dipshi#$ not withstanding.

With all due regards - my memory of Fontana is the goof sherrif, his equally goofy minions, and the state of North Carolina troppers terrorizing the RA rally with helicopters, road blocks, musical insults and other totally unconstitutional harrrasment., I have not been, and will probably never go back. MOA may think this is a cool place. But I will never go back to there. I remember tham as an abusive pathetic regime. I seldom celebrate death, but that duffus Sheriff's suicide was somethinng the whole world needed.!!!!! Dipshi#$ not withstanding.

?
I do not know of this incident you speak of. It sounds like one heck of a party.

I was told by a little birdy that all the rooms are full. Is that true? I don't know if being registered works if there's nowhere to stay there. Is there anyplace local?

This is the site that I registered with to camp. It's through the inn that is hosting the getaway. I'm not sure if it's the same site that John linked.

Registration - check
Reservation - check
Annual Leave - check

See you in Fontana!

In true Bu fashion, Wes, I'll be making book. OMG, you're too young to know that expression...

We're booked.
Hope your Southern Hospitality will extend to a pair of Canadians:)
We hope to arrive on Wednesday. We'll be trailering our RT down. It's likely to be too cold to ride down from the great white north.
We booked a room at the resort. There may be one room left from what I heard.
We haven't been in the area since 1983, so we're looking forwards to riding some great roads in the area.

John & Jennie.

What year was the RA rally held there?

Back