• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

"throttle hang"

draperg1

I have an interesting intermittent problem. Sometimes after coming off the cruise control the rpm's SLOWLY return to normal when throttle is blipped as when down shifting. The only way to correct this is to cut off ignition and let the computer reset. No codes show when hooked to computer. Anyone have similar problem or thoughts?

Thanks, Bill

Based on way it is acting it has got to be computer as it immediately resets after cutting ignition off and on. It only acts up after using cruise control.

A couple of questions for clarification... Has the handlebar switchgear been replaced on this bike under the switchgear campaign? Also, by cutting the ignition off/on are you referring to using the key switch or the engine cutoff switch? The malady sounds like a possible TPS reading problem...

Best,

DG

Last edited:
A couple of questions for clarification... Has the handlebar switchgear been replaced on this bike under the switchgear campaign? Also, by cutting the ignition off/on are you referring to using the key switch or the engine cutoff switch? The malady sounds like a possible TPS reading problem...

Best,

DG

I do not know about switchgear as I have only owned for 16 months, however based on the service history and recalls I do not see that mentioned. I am referring to the key switch. Thanks, Bill

Back