Thread: Seats..seats..

Seats..seats..

I guess finding a comfortable long range seat that do not like like I am riding in my sofa for a 2010 R1200GSA is like finding an unicorn....geezz..:banged

I loved my RDL on my 2007 RT. I could do a thousand miles a pop with zero discomfort.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

It sounds like you have tried several brands. Why don't you tell us what didn't work for you.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    The biggest mistake people make... is thinking they have time.

Are you sure it is the seat? I have found handle bar position and peg location to be equal factors in all day comfort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lynn
    2008 BMW R1200RT (most fun you can legally have)
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

Rally Rat

Thumbs up

Not too many unhappy riders with either Sargent or Mustang seats (I've enjoyed both).

A few, but not too many.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwald View Post
    Not too many unhappy riders with either Sargent or Mustang seats (I've enjoyed both).

Funny you mention Mustang, I came from a Yamaha Stratoliner in 2008 that had a Mustang seat. When I was looking for one for the 2004 R1150RT that replaced it I looked at them first. They didn't make one. I then stumbled on Sargent and have stuck with them since.

I've been pretty happy with my Corbin seat. Came with the bike when I bought it, haven't had a reason to change.
    Pete
    When life throws you a curve, lean into it. (Seen on a t-shirt at MotoGP Indy)
    '06 R1200RT, '12 F650GS, '04 K1200GT (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by helipilot2 View Post
    I guess finding a comfortable long range seat that do not like like I am riding in my sofa for a 2010 R1200GSA is like finding an unicorn....geezz..:banged
    Because, like me, your a helo pilot I'll throw you bone... Sometimes it's not the seat. I'm still on stock seats on my bikes. Find the underwear that works for you. I had a pair of Olympia pants with deep rear pockets, I put the neoprene pads from a pair of riding shorts that didn't work, that helped quite a bit. I've tried the motoskivies with limited success. Simple nylon riding pants no pads seem surprising effective... And the coup dé grâce... After four/five hours of riding, get off the bike, walk around, take the helmet off, stretch, put gas in the bike. Crew rest, learn it, live it love it.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Rally Rat

Smile

Beware of any 'seat' advice you get from rangerreece.

It's likely to involve an explosive device, large yellow/black handles, sudden departure from the motorcycle and an abundance of silk looming over your head just before you hit the pavement!

Quote Originally Posted by greenwald View Post
    Beware of any 'seat' advice you get from rangerreece.

It's likely to involve an explosive device, large yellow/black handles, sudden departure from the motorcycle and an abundance of silk looming over your head just before you hit the pavement!
    That would be so very cool.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President