Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is out there

C600 Sport Owner

Quote Originally Posted by 43362 View Post
    I was curious as to who visits the scooter forum actually owns a BMW scooter
    So this an opportunity to check in
    Let's us know what model, color and year

That's it

I have a platinum bronze 2013 GT
    Hi there, BrianS here...I joined MOA last month and drive a cosmic blue 2013 C600 Sport (on the road Fall 2014) that I bought last August. i have put 5,500 km (about 3,500 miles) on it and loving it, riding from Burlington in the Greater Toronto Area and all around the scenic parts of SW Ontario and Niagara. It is great for all types of riding including into and around Toronto and I am heading off soon to Lake Placid/Adirondack Mountains area on some of this part of the continent's best and most spectacular roads. I love the machine, it is stable, strong and comfortable including on the highway. I have an issue with sensitive ears and have put a Givi aftermarket screen on that has taken away wind noise and am using good earplugs now, but the motor has an annoying pitch, especially when accelerating, that seems to get past the protections.

How are you liking yours? Any long trips? i would be interested!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by williamdabb View Post
    l have 2013 c650gt red vermillion red metallic with 6400 miles so far so good purchased new February. 2013
    Has anybody replaced the cvt belt yet and if so at what mileage and what cost

Cosmic Blue 2014 C600 Sport

Just joined MOA. I recently purchased a cosmic blue 2014 C600 Sport, from our local BMW dealer as NEW (never registered, 15 miles on it). Previously had a Vespa GT200.
    I'm so satisfied with this Beemer! Great for short commutes or on highways, great handling and lots of creature comforts, like heated seats & grips, tire pressure monitor, etc. My only complaint is the windscreen is about 1-2" too short. the wind comes right over it and hits me right at eye level. I'm looking to modify this soon.

Welcome to the forum! When you get a chance, post a picture of your new ride!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Jeff Wilson life member Jeffsride's Avatar
    Did it myself so the cost was the belt ($300), special tool ($18)and my time. 15000 miles

M
    Has anybody replaced the cvt belt yet and if so at what mileage and what cost
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work

Did it myself so the cost was the belt ($300), special tool ($18)and my time. 15000 miles

M
    THanks for the reply about the belt. Has anybody published a repair manual yet?

Jeff Wilson life member Jeffsride's Avatar
    BMW has there's it might be about $100 but you may be able to find it on the Internet (I believe there is a link on this forum somewere) at a mega Site. I bought mine on ebay out of Italy for $40 then sold it when I downloaded the manual 7.5 giga bites. I then reduced it down to 2.5 giga bites. The specs a I am sure are the same on the 2012 and the 2016

THanks for the reply about the belt. Has anybody published a repair manual yet?
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work

I bought a silver 2013 Sport five weeks ago. The local dealer had it sitting in the showroom with 3,500 km BMW Canada demo mileage on it and in virtually new condition. They are storing it for me until spring delivery. To say I can hardly wait is an understatement.

Welcome to the forum, red dog from alberta!! I think I know who is wishing for a short winter!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Club President

c650GT scooter

That's it

Well I think a Vespa is a scooter but BMW insists on called the c650 by that term. We traded our 2012 for bigger bikes for riding two up but due to a left hand injury we are on a brand new white 2016 C650GT. It is snowing today so you see where that is going. I think these bikes are so under-rated but the detractors will be looking at the tail lights trying to understand what happened to them. backrest for passenger is waiting for us at the Oklahoma city dealership. Cannot wait to get back on the road. BTW, bought a white Klim K1200 helmet coincidentally which is an excellent 3 lbs. mt

Barbie's 2010 BMW 3 wheeler

It was supposed to have been destroyed after BMW decided on the two wheel configuration; but a cop rescued this from a seized warehouse in NY.DSCN0394.JPGDSCN0393.JPG
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    2009 R 1200 RT,1996 R1100RT, 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

powertrain

The engine is a Honda 150cc. Transmission is CVT
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    2009 R 1200 RT,1996 R1100RT, 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Who's out there

I ride a 2016 C650GT in Frozen Bronze (whatever that is!). This is a replacement for my 2012 C650GT that was written off by insurance following a low speed crash last fall.
    Bill in Calgary

I'm out here

That's it

But, I don't have one. But, I want one and visit the scooter forum much as I can.
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco , 180cc Kymco Racing King
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Sport

I own a 2013 Sport, use it mostly for touring. Boston area.