• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Who is out there

Justscootin

Jeff Wilson life member
I was curious as to who visits the scooter forum actually owns a BMW scooter
So this an opportunity to check in
Let's us know what model, color and year

That's it

I have a platinum bronze 2013 GT

Last edited:
I have a 2013 c650gt red vermillion metallic with 6400 miles

l have 2013 c650gt red vermillion red metallic with 6400 miles so far so good purchased new February. 2013

I was curious as to who visits the scooter forum actually owns a scooter

That's it

Yup, same as yours

My wife and I, in addition to our two 2012 650 GS's, have a Piaggio MP3 400 -- great urban scoot! While you see them a lot in Europe, there aren't that many here in the States. Yet it performs well, is stable over challenging urban terrain because of its two front wheels, and has cavernous storage. It's a head turner!

I have a black and silver 2013 BMW C650GT That I keep in NYC plus a 2013 Aprilia Mana 850GT ABS and a 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec. that are based in Sarasota, FL. Love them all. But, if had to choose only one to keep, the C650GT would stay.

Last edited:
I gotta Havana

I've had my Havana colored C650GT since January 2014 (having totaled my first one after 6 months with 11,970 miles on it). Just did the 42K mile service - frankly a little scared of the 48K service given the ungodly cost at 24K. But I have to say I love that bike - I work from home so the vast bulk of the 2K miles/month I put on it are on weekends in the desert and canyon roads all around Southern California. I also have a Vespa 300GTS - it's great in its own way as well (particularly when I go to lunch locally and don't care to horse around a 600 pound beast) but on weekends taking the 650 200-300+ miles each day is just for fun.

I also did the Ironbutt 1000 on it in May of 2014, and will tell you that 2 of the 4 other "real" motorcycle riders told me at the end - "when you first pulled up on a scooter I thought you were joking, but now I want to buy one".

So while it's pricey as hell (and I'm having some stalling issues, noted in another thread here) I still love the damned thing!

I've had my Havana colored C650GT since January 2014 (having totaled my first one after 6 months with 11,970 miles on it). Just did the 42K mile service - frankly a little scared of the 48K service given the ungodly cost at 24K. But I have to say I love that bike - I work from home so the vast bulk of the 2K miles/month I put on it are on weekends in the desert and canyon roads all around Southern California. I also have a Vespa 300GTS - it's great in its own way as well (particularly when I go to lunch locally and don't care to horse around a 600 pound beast) but on weekends taking the 650 200-300+ miles each day is just for fun.

I also did the Ironbutt 1000 on it in May of 2014, and will tell you that 2 of the 4 other "real" motorcycle riders told me at the end - "when you first pulled up on a scooter I thought you were joking, but now I want to buy one".

So while it's pricey as hell (and I'm having some stalling issues, noted in another thread here) I still love the damned thing!
Always nice to hear a happy report :thumb
Gary

That's it

Recently purchased a 2013 C650 GT, in blackstorm metallic from the BMW dealer here in Oregon. Prior to that had a Suzuki Burgman 400. BIG difference between the two scooters.

Recently purchased a 2013 C650 GT, in blackstorm metallic from the BMW dealer here in Oregon. Prior to that had a Suzuki Burgman 400. BIG difference between the two scooters.
Welcome to the forum!
That's an interesting comment on the different bikes- actually something I had wondered about :thumb
Gary

My wife has a 2013 red C650, all the bells and whistles including sat radio, needs to be ridden more
I ride my 15 RT every chance I get

Riding the platinum bronze 2013 GT as my commuter. Over 21K miles. I am also a sick scooterhead with something like 10 other scooters. 2013 Genuine Blur 220i, 2006 Genuine Buddy 125 kitted to 161, 67 Vespa GT kitted to 225cc, 64 Vespa GS MKII, 68 Vespa SS180 79 Vespa P200 kitted to 210cc, 65 Lambretta TV175...and a few others!

I am a scooterhead and I am the Dude!:dance

I bought black 2013 GT from Bergen Harley BMW back in November 2012. I was one of the first ones to get it. Love it and have over 21,000 miles on it. Although other motorcyle I own are compeiting for my attention, the GT is a blast to ride.

Who's Out There

Just purchased a like new 2014 C650GT, gray

That's it

C600 Sport Owner

That's it

Hi there, BrianS here...I joined MOA last month and drive a cosmic blue 2013 C600 Sport (on the road Fall 2014) that I bought last August. i have put 5,500 km (about 3,500 miles) on it and loving it, riding from Burlington in the Greater Toronto Area and all around the scenic parts of SW Ontario and Niagara. It is great for all types of riding including into and around Toronto and I am heading off soon to Lake Placid/Adirondack Mountains area on some of this part of the continent's best and most spectacular roads. I love the machine, it is stable, strong and comfortable including on the highway. I have an issue with sensitive ears and have put a Givi aftermarket screen on that has taken away wind noise and am using good earplugs now, but the motor has an annoying pitch, especially when accelerating, that seems to get past the protections.

How are you liking yours? Any long trips? i would be interested!

Brian

Cosmic Blue 2014 C600 Sport

Just joined MOA. I recently purchased a cosmic blue 2014 C600 Sport, from our local BMW dealer as NEW (never registered, 15 miles on it). Previously had a Vespa GT200.
I'm so satisfied with this Beemer! Great for short commutes or on highways, great handling and lots of creature comforts, like heated seats & grips, tire pressure monitor, etc. My only complaint is the windscreen is about 1-2" too short. the wind comes right over it and hits me right at eye level. I'm looking to modify this soon.

Back