• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

There's a word for Panjo Marketplace...

I believe that part of the rationale was that there are members who do not use the forum and so would not have access to the flea market section. I suppose there's some merit to that but really, how hard is it to join the forum? And I wonder how many non-forum users actually use Panjo. I don't know much about the forum software but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to allow direct access via a link from the home page to just the marketplace section.

I don't know much about the forum software but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to allow direct access via a link from the home page to just the marketplace section.

There is...several header links on the main home page allow a member to navigate direction to the marketplace.

There is...several header links on the main home page allow a member to navigate direction to the marketplace.

Would that still work if the marketplace was a sub-forum, not another web site like Panjo? Could people then access the marketplace sub-forum without logging into the forum? If so, why not do it that way rather than having a third-party marketplace site? I don't really care that much because I don't use the marketplace/Panjo but it seems like the current arrangement is kind of the hard way to do it. As others have pointed out, a flea market sub-forum like on ADVrider seems to work well...and I do use it.

Would that still work if the marketplace was a sub-forum, not another web site like Panjo? Could people then access the marketplace sub-forum without logging into the forum? If so, why not do it that way rather than having a third-party marketplace site? I don't really care that much because I don't use the marketplace/Panjo but it seems like the current arrangement is kind of the hard way to do it. As others have pointed out, a flea market sub-forum like on ADVrider seems to work well...and I do use it.

This has been discussed more than once. An in-forum marketplace was put in place as a gap-filler between the older marketplace that was not really functioning well and when Panjo could be put on line. It was not that well accepted because it appears that many of the users of it are people who don't frequent the forum and were unable to make the in-forum version work for them. So that experiment didn't really work for us.

Ted has indicated that he hears the issues and wants time to make it work:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-Marketplace&p=1025134&viewfull=1#post1025134

I'd like to see us give him that time.

Panjo is a screwup first class that needs to be killed ASAP. Have had an attractive bike listed but get nothing on it except PMs on the FORUM system from folks telling me they sent Panjo notes I never received and asking me to reply to their normal e-mail or phone.
It isn't fixable IMO so no effort should be wasted on it. The old system worked well for users and was understood. Admitting the mistake and backtracking is the proper response.
Basically, I've learned the better approach to use CL, trader pubs and ebay and ignore the MOA Panjo junk
I made a career installing e records systems in large corporations. A key lesson from that is that good usable systems are based on what users want and expect- not on what some techy says is possible or ideal. I had to kill a few of those after much wasted time, effort and $ by folks who lost sight of the real goal.

I made a career installing e records systems in large corporations. A key lesson from that is that good usable systems are based on what users want and expect- not on what some techy says is possible or ideal. I had to kill a few of those after much wasted time, effort and $ by folks who lost sight of the real goal.

Me: I want our customers to have an easier time doing business with us. It is now overly-complicated. We need to simplify this ordering system.
Tech Guy: Our system won't allow the changes you want.
Me: OK, you're fired.

I'm listening and making the effort to turn it around. I need a little bit longer to make it happen. Give us through the holidays and I will have more for you.

Ted

Ted has indicated that he hears the issues and wants time to make it work:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-Marketplace&p=1025134&viewfull=1#post1025134

I'd like to see us give him that time.

I hope when Ted does his work there is :clap and a :wave and all is well in the world of F/M.
OM

This has been discussed more than once. An in-forum marketplace was put in place as a gap-filler between the older marketplace that was not really functioning well and when Panjo could be put on line. It was not that well accepted because it appears that many of the users of it are people who don't frequent the forum and were unable to make the in-forum version work for them. ...

Not to beat a dead horse but if that's the case, fix it so the in-forum version does work. It works in other forums so why not here? It just seems that going with a third party is the hard/complicated way to do it.

I'll shut up now...

Not to beat a dead horse but if that's the case, fix it so the in-forum version does work. It works in other forums so why not here? It just seems that going with a third party is the hard/complicated way to do it.

I'll shut up now...

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the forum perse...it's the users who primarily frequent the marketplace were not comfortable with the forum arrangements and features. We just couldn't fix something that people couldn't get their arms around...despite how simple it is for others to use.

I'm not trying to defend Panjo, but the MOA is not the only entity in the interwebs that is using this tool. Google it and you'll find tons of forums that use it. The BMW bimmer forum uses it. I got input from 3-4 other webmasters about the Panjo tool before we went live. I didn't get the kind of reaction from them that we seem to be getting here. I can't really weigh in because I don't use it. But it seems others are having no problems...that I know of... :dunno

I used it, or I should say tried to. My item was quickly buried in a sea of other ads that I found rather unsearchable. I sold the item on another forum since I did not get any traction on Panjo. I then was unable to log into my established Panjo account to delete the ad. I tried repeatedly and had to have the site admin do it. They were very responsive and did it quickly, but it should not have gone that way. After the ad was killed I got contacted about my item from a prospective buyer. :scratch I then had to go through the whole process again.

It completely turned me off from their service, and now I get constant spam emails from Panjo. AND, what did they do with my personal information anyway? I am in no way reassured it wasn't resold on the dark web or elsewhere.

New Marketplace Available March 1

A new Member Marketplace will launch March 1, 2016! The new Marketplace will give MOA members the ability to buy and sell motorcycles, parts, gear and accessories in a simplified marketplace. We think you will find the new Marketplace easier to navigate and it integrates easily with the MOA's existing systems. This means MOA members need only their MOA username and password to access the new Marketplace.

The existing Panjo Market will be available to members through Panjo's website and active listings will remain in place at Panjo.com until cancelled by the seller. The current Marketplace forum listings will remain active for the next 60 days and MOA members will be offered help to migrate to the new system.

The Marketplace is still free to MOA members with no restrictions on the number of listings. MOA Members who want to get a jumpstart can begin listing March 1! To find the new Marketplace, simply click the Marketplace title on the MOA homepage menu bar.

Music to my ears!

Thanks Ted for listening to members concerns and taking action to resolve the issue. True leadership. :thumb

thank you!

thank you. we appreciate that the organization responds to members. And we know that everyone connected is trying to do the best possible for members. It may not always work out that way, but we know you folks always make your best effort!

ride safe!
gene weygandt, 26667

Okay, someone help me out here. Panjo is no longer involved in the MOA marketplace? But all the bikes and stuff that people had listed on Panjo are still on Panjo and have not been automatically transferred to the new MOA only site? So it will take a while for everyone who listed bikes, etc on the Panjo site to realize they are no longer being viewed by the MOA membership and that they need to take it off Panjo and re-list it on the new MOA site? I'm just trying to follow all this. I didn't see a link to the "old" Panjo site on the MOA webiste, am I missing where that is? Or do you have to "Google" Panjo and find the old site until the changeover is complete?

It does appear the new MOA site will be much nicer to use than the Panjo one. I would be one of the first to agree on that. Thank you to whoever did the work/ change to the new one. Is that you, Ted? We all appreciate it, I'm guessing.

Back