• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

After the Blanco River Memorial Weekend flood

TXDOT rebuilt the Fischer Road bridge in record time, reconnecting the 40+ mile detoured community.It opened Friday:thumb
My last update was #35 -JAN 24th...wish all projects moved this fast!

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/98618841-story

P2270101.jpg

I rode across it twice Saturday passing a lot of happy folks along this very missed route.

The RM 165 bridge outside Blanco isn't far behind.

P2270085.jpg

That's impressive progress for just over a month since the last pics you had. Were there crews working more than normal workday hours?

That's impressive progress for just over a month since the last pics you had. Were there crews working more than normal workday hours?

I was told they went to 24hour 6 day mode the Monday after that January update.
A guy we talked to who can see the bridge said it looked like ants when they were tying steel for the deck and was done in a few days. Large crews as I bet there was an incentive clause. Was projected to be finished in May:thumb

another update

DSCN0845.jpg

This bridge on Stagecoach road ,part of old Camino Real north of San Marcos, was washed out during the big flood on the Blanco river. It had a temporary deck made out of flat top rail cars for far to long. It was a slippery ride when wet! I only needed to slide once and I avoided it afterwards

They finally opened this new but low replacement about a month ago. I suppose the height was determined by the existing RR structure. This will be over run during a big rain, but nice the rest of the time. This time of year, the river is almost non existent as we have not had the typical rains by now.

Back