• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from South Hill, VA

thelazyc

Just joined the BWM family after riding other brands for over 30 years off and on. I must say that motorcycle riders are similar in many ways, we are all passionate about riding and the brand we ride. I have learned a lot about BMWs over the last couple of weeks, but not nearly enough. I have to many hobbies, which prompted me to sell my last motorcycle to free up the monthly payment after a year of hardly riding.

Out of the blue, I said I think I would like to try a BMW, so started searching classifieds to see what was available. One in particular caught my eye based on location, price and looks. I wanted to purchase something within my very limited budget so I would be able to continue to ride, and avoid the payments.

I purchased a 2005 R1200ST that was located just over two hours from home. I like it so far, but is a completely different ride from what I am used to. Planning on raising the grips to allow for a more upright position. Looking forward to riding and hanging out with other BWM riders.

If you are ever in the area and need anything, let me know.

P1060068.jpg
P1060069.jpg
P1060074.jpg

My other hobbies which take up most of my time are: aviation - been flying for about 19 years and most of my money goes to keeping my Beechcraft Bonanza in the air. Also enjoy spending time camping, boating and traveling.

Welcome to the forum!
Yeah, keeping the Bonanza in the air is a good thing :)
Seems like a number of pilots also have BMW's.
Any questions, just ask.
Gary

Not sure what you owned before, but I think you will find your ST will allow you to ride well into the cooler weather. Enjoy the ride.

Not sure what you owned before, but I think you will find your ST will allow you to ride well into the cooler weather. Enjoy the ride.

I am coming from a 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited

10274325_10201681469146357_1287370856013492602_n-2.jpg

I really liked it, but did not like the payment for the amount of time I was getting to ride. It was heavy and hot.

Welcome

I see you made it to the forum! Glad to have another MOA member in the area. Since no one else that we know will see this, I'm thinking about skipping work this friday for a ride. Maybe Devil's Backbone Brewery for lunch and find some curvy roads.

I see you made it to the forum! Glad to have another MOA member in the area. Since no one else that we know will see this, I'm thinking about skipping work this friday for a ride. Maybe Devil's Backbone Brewery for lunch and find some curvy roads.

The last trip we made there was nice, but don't think I can sneak off this Friday. I have Wednesday afternoons off for a while.

I am coming from a 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited

Wow. I don't know much about Harley's, but that is a big machine. The ST will be a very different experience. What it lacks in cruiser comfort it will likely make up for in good handling.

Wow. I don't know much about Harley's, but that is a big machine. The ST will be a very different experience. What it lacks in cruiser comfort it will likely make up for in good handling.

It was very hard to handle in slow and tight conditions, just moving it around in the garage was a chore. I was able to walk the ST around and even back it into the place I wanted. I will miss the ride and all the Ultra features, but for what I do, I think the ST will be a nice fit.

Back