• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

battery removal on 2015 R1200 GSA (LC)

Hey everyone, I'm not familiar with the layout of the forums….how can I access pictures and instructions on how to remove the battery on a 2015 R1200GSA? Specifically, I've got the rubber strap undone and am trying to "Pull mounting plate on position 1 outward and remove it upward" as per page 137 of my owner's manual. I'm trying to access the battery posts so that I can connect a battery wiring harness to power a Gerbing's heated jacket liner. Thanks! --Andy

Do you mean the accessory socket up by the handlebars?
No by the battery to the right there is a small post with a big red wire going to it. That is a positive hook up point for unswitched power access without needing to touch the battery.

never mind. I got it. The plate has to be lifted 1/8", then pulled outward, then upward more. Thanks anyway!

never mind. I got it. The plate has to be lifted 1/8", then pulled outward, then upward more. Thanks anyway!
You should still be using the power post, that's what's it for and the battery is a tight fit already before adding more wires.

Back