Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Cross Canada Ride Destination Salty Fog

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    The following morning found me back on the bike again with a delayed start to let three thunderstorms play out in and east of Winnipeg. You know why if you have ever ridden through the storm fronts of these beasts on the wide open prairie. Once I did get going it turned to be a typical day on the Canadian Shield - crazy beautiful lakes surrounded by granite and trees for hundreds of kilometres as I passed through Kenora and on to Thunder Bay Ontario.

Attachment 52930

Attachment 52931

Attachment 52932
    I remember driving much of this route with my daughter on the way to Dalhousie University in Halifax. It would be great to do on the bike too!

Memorable journey!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimmackgsa View Post
    I remember driving much of this route with my daughter on the way to Dalhousie University in Halifax. It would be great to do on the bike too!
    Thanks for sharing all the pics and the stories of your trip, Ken! Well done!!

Ken:

pm sent.

Rinty
    Rinty

Question

Great ride report.

Possibly a little off topic and I'll apologise if this has been discussed already - but what is the orange and black device mounted behind the screen?

IMG_1494.jpg
    Mark Hubble
    2015 - R1200GS Black Storm Metallic
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    Great ride report.

Possibly a little off topic and I'll apologise if this has been discussed already - but what is the orange and black device mounted behind the screen?

IMG_1494.jpg
    Hi Mark, that is a Satellite GPS Messenger; mine is one of the original SPOT Personal Tracker and they have updated models from this out there. It drops breadcrumbs along the way and there is a website that one can give access to others to follow along. There are a couple of buttons to press that send pre-programmed text/email messages such as 'I'm okay' or a custom message to specific numbers and/or email addresses that you input. There is also an 'SOS' function for emergencies. I have read that for emergency and especially off road use a PLB device is better suited. Details on SPOT can be found here: http://findmespot.ca/SPOTOFFER/lande...REEHoliday2015
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Great Trip Report!

Hello Ken;
    Fantastic Trip Report and Great Photography, Terry & I have done many of the same roads over the years.

Hope you can make it to the MOA National to the Das Rally this year in Hamburg NY, a whopping 40.2 miles from our house.
    Ambassador Emeritus BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    Niagara Riders
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Cainey View Post
    Hello Ken;
    Fantastic Trip Report and Great Photography, Terry & I have done many of the same roads over the years.

Hope you can make it to the MOA National to the Das Rally this year in Hamburg NY, a whopping 40.2 miles from our house.
    Thanks that for the comments Darryl. I may end up at the National again this year and am in the planning process of a trip to southern California and over to Corpus Christi so could head up to NY on my way home...

Edit -> Will not be at the National this year so hope to hear from the SFRR alumni of the goings on afterward.
    Last edited by bogthebasher; 03-16-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo