• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Desert Valley Power Sports Thumbs Down

jeffkruger

Living in the tricities area I was somewhat excited to finally have a more local BMW dealer when Desert Valley Power Sports in Prosser WA became a dealer. Up until now any warranty work required a trip to either Spokane, Clarkston or the Seattle area. My GSA needed yet another warranty fuel strip under the extended fuel strip warranty. I called Desert Valley Power Sports and they said they would have to order the part and would call me when it was in. After a couple weeks I hadn't heard from them and called and they said it was due the next day or so. I had a short trip planned and never heard from them so I called when I got back. They told me it was in. Nobody had ever called me to tell me the part was in, like they said they would. That was two weeks ago and I made an appointment and dropped my bike off last Wednesday, 8 days ago. I hadn't heard from them so just called and was told they hadn't gotten to it yet! I asked what the heck and he said they have been busy. I wish to heck I would have taken a trip to Sparks NV and had it taken care of at Sierra BMW, where I have always had outstanding service.

Far from impressed and after I pick my bike up I won't ever be visiting their dealership again. There are better, more reliable choices that are worth the trip.

Frustrating to say the least. When you find good customer service do like I do, ride as far as it takes to get it, and let em know each time how far you rode, and how many dealerships you passed up to patronage their services.
Don't waste your time telling bad customer service about their bad customer service, trust me, they don't care.

Frustrating to say the least. When you find good customer service do like I do, ride as far as it takes to get it, and let em know each time how far you rode, and how many dealerships you passed up to patronage their services.
Don't waste your time telling bad customer service about their bad customer service, trust me, they don't care.

Yep, That's precisely the reason I have planned trips around getting to places like Sierra BMW in Sparks to get warranty work done. I have had a couple of amazing experiences with A&S BMW in Roseville CA too. The first time at A&S was after being hauled in after a call to BMW roadside assistance. I needed a new clutch master cylinder and they didn't have one in stock. They took one off a showroom bike to get me back on the road and enjoying the remainder of my trip. Amazing customer service, and I've made some trips through there since then to get work done. I actually wrote a letter to BMW NA after that experience telling them what an amazing experience I had.

Someone from service at Desert Valley Powersports called back about the time I posted the fist comment. Turns out they were wrong and they had my bike done Tuesday. So my bike got done, but nobody ever bothered to call to let me know it was done, and then when I called to check on it I was told he didn't think they had gotten to it yet. Wow, seems to be a bit of a pattern. Will be glad to pick my bike up to never return. Too many dealers that do a great job and actually care about customer service.

One more honorable mention. I had a great experience at Tytlers Cycle in Green Bay WI this past summer. I knew I was going to be through there during a trip and about due for tires. They took care of the wheel flange recall while I was there too. Beautiful dealership with top notch folks that make it clear they care. They even cleaned my bike.

Not sure what to make of this. I have had two recalls, three services, and three tire changes done there in the past year with good service each time.

Not sure what to make of this. I have had two recalls, three services, and three tire changes done there in the past year with good service each time.

Seems like you use them regularly. May be doing just a recall isn't worth their time, in their mind.

It could deffenitely be a case of it not being as profitable as a customer pay service. I don't go to dealers for anything other than warranty or recall work as I do all my own service. If it would have been a good experience I probably would have started ordering parts through them though. Guess I will stick with ordering parts from Max and enjoying good service and the free M&M's.

jcj78: That was a cheap shot.

Folks get what folks deserve. I don't remember you (or anyone else from the MOA) doing much to chastise JK when he was calling my office and making absolutely outrageous accusations. Kurt's 20774 response was to ban me for a week. Only after the local SD went to explain that telephone and email harassment IS illegal harassment did your buddy stop his childish tantrum throwing.

So yeah. So what?

Folks get what folks deserve. I don't remember you (or anyone else from the MOA) doing much to chastise JK when he was calling my office and making absolutely outrageous accusations. Kurt's 20774 response was to ban me for a week. Only after the local SD went to explain that telephone and email harassment IS illegal harassment did your buddy stop his childish tantrum throwing.

So yeah. So what?

My point is you deleted it after posting it, so people that subscribed to this thread would see it, including the OP, but then it's not there, so there's no responsibility for it. Just saying. You may be right, but stand up.

You're correct. I deleted it. After I posted it I thought, "Do I really care if the other MOAers know the the OP is a psycho douchebag?" And the answer was "Nope."
Since you responded to me by name, I was obligated to reply though.

I stand by all my posts. And my emails to Bob Aldridge (for all the good they did me). Glad to clear that up.

Josh Jones
Lincoln, TN

I'm confused. Why would someone from Washington out of the blue start harassing one of my homies from Lincoln county?

I'm confused. Why would someone from Washington out of the blue start harassing one of my homies from Lincoln county?

Everything is Politics...

He got put on ignore here, so he had to find some other vehicle for his mouth frothing. He decided the best way to do that was to Google the name of the business I own and starts emailing and calling who he thought was "my brother" but ooops, was ME.

Hatebit I missed you when you came thru for Mullins reunion. Holler next time. I killed that Motoboxer, but I spent some of the insurance $$ on my Motobrick.

Last edited:
Who is looking for a trip to Banned Camp?
The Mod Team.

I know that song! The chorus is about "forgone conclusions", and "good old boys".

I would expect no less from such a stellar organization.

I'm now halfway through my first year as a MOA member. Care to guess if I plan to renew at this point?

Y'all are the reason for your own impending extinction, but you probably already knew that. Its still sad to watch. Except when its funny.

I feel another wasted email to Bob Aldridge coming on.

Everything is Politics...

He got put on ignore here, so he had to find some other vehicle for his mouth frothing. He decided the best way to do that was to Google the name of the business I own and starts emailing and calling who he thought was "my brother" but ooops, was ME.

Hatebit I missed you when you came thru for Mullins reunion. Holler next time. I killed that Motoboxer, but I spent some of the insurance $$ on my Motobrick.

Wilco, I'll holler from the holler.

Back