• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2016 Land of Oz Rally In Atchison, Kansas - “We’re Doing It Again!”

I am coming down from Iowa, first time ill be at a rally so I'm excited! Anything i should be aware of?
Thanks

Be ready to enjoy yourself!
Once you get into Atchison there will be signs for both BMW RALLY and Warnock Lake, follow them.
The Rally is renting the entire park, and it is BIG! There is a 57 Acre lake in the middle of the park (to give you an idea as to its size). At Registration there will be a map of the rally site and a copy of the schedule. That way you can decide where to camp based on what you are interested in. Most campsites have either shade or a lake view, many have both! There will also be a number of Rides and Attraction listed there too.

You also should check out these two url links: http://www.kcbmwmc.com/rally2016/A-Guide-for-the-Rally-Virgin.pdf and http://www.kcbmwmc.com/rally2016/faq.html

Yep, be ready to enjoy yourself!

Don

I am coming down from Iowa, first time ill be at a rally so I'm excited! Anything i should be aware of?
Thanks

You will enjoy yourself...I usually show up, pitch my tent and kick back. I rarely leave the Rally the whole weekend...It's my away time to relax. Everyone's different, some are like me and chat all day and night, while others ride all weekend. You will enjoy yourself.
You might also want to try the Iowa Rally next week also.

Looks like Debbie and I will make it.
Not sure if we will ride down Friday afternoon and camp, or do a day pass on Saturday.

Here's a few pictures form this weekend.

P1030275.JPG

P1030271.JPG

P1030288.JPG

Historic Weston
P1030285.JPG

P1030283.JPG

Elyse McKinnon
P1030290.JPG

Mike Jones presenting Paul Glaves with his 800,000 mile award
P1030292.JPG

Diesel Bike

Guys,
This bike is owned (and was built) by KC BMW Motorcycle Club member Bernie Grossman. It's a Kawasaki 750 frame and has the diesel motor from a generator installed. Bernie gets up to 100 mpg! Why did he build it? Because he could! He also rides an R1100RT.

Don Hamblin
Rally Chair,
2016 “History, Mystery, and
Entertainment! Land of Oz” Rally
Warnock Lake, Atchison, KS
June 3-5, 2016
(256)479-5606
(816)600-2475
BMWScooter@gmail.com
KCBMWMC.com

It's history now!

And so another "record setting Land of Oz" Rally is in the history books. Record setting? Among other records, the number of "smiles" on rally goers faces was the most important! But as we bask in the afterglow of our success we are not slowing down. Keep an eye out for changes and improvement that will make our 39th Annual "Land o Oz" Rally even better and even more enjoyable!

Thank you from the "Land of Oz"

The 2016 "Land of Oz" Rally is now history. Our success was the result of many volunteers' super human efforts and cheerful dedication. That said, as this year's Rally Chair, I want to publicly thank our key volunteers for all that they did.

While all the volunteers deserve my appreciation and have earned yet another level of respect for their efforts, there are a few volunteers who I believe should be singled out as having been "key" to the success of this year's "Land of Oz" Rally.

Teresa Karaff Rogers - Rally Co-Chair
Karen Mans - GS Giant Coordinator
Brett Dempsey - GS Giant Coordinator
Bernie Grossman - The "Logistician's Logistician"
Darren Marshall & Sherill Hare - Registration
Philip A Goldsby - Communications
Lynna Adams Goldsby - Volunteer Coordinator
Michael J Mans - GS Giant Ride Planner
Angela Cairo Parker - Atchison Chamber of Commerce Miracle Worker
Vickey Barr - Drinks
Gene Ray - Transportation and all around fixer!
Jerry Beltramo - Awards
Neal Bralley - Local Rides
Paula Guarino Hamblin - Treasurer
Mike Jones - Engle Motors
Bob Rippy - Bike Show
"Bill" William Brown - Field Events & the "Magic Sidecar"
David Abrams & Julie Lloyd Creech - Door Prizes
Dan Ryan - All that firewood!
MultiPhonic - The band that cut us a break
Ghost Roast Coffee - Caffeine
Charlie Wilburn of Chuck & Hanks River Shack BBQ
Ken Roggenkamp & Sandra Sharp Downs Roggenkamp - Always there for us!
Paul & Voni Glaves - Inspiration for us all!
Thank you all - job well done

Don Hamblin
Rally Chair,
2016 “History, Mystery, and
Entertainment! Land of Oz” Rally
Warnock Lake, Atchison, KS
June 3-5, 2016
(256)479-5606
(816)600-2475
BMWScooter@gmail.com
KCBMWMC.com

Back