• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle Consumer News report substantial difference in HP between Wet Head Models

Could just be the oil level. In the Winter 2015 issue of BMW Motorcycle Magazine they noticed rather lowly Dyno numbers for the R1200RS compared to other R1200's tested before (GS, RT, etc). It was also suffering from the hard shifts that are the result of too much oil. They state nothing else was done except the oil change in the before and after numbers (test conditions the same)

Oil 700ml too much: 119hp@7,500rpm and 92.2 ft-lb@6,100rpm

Oil halfway up the sight glass: 122hp@7,300rpm and 96.6 ft-lb@5,900rpm

The narrative may not be questioned!!

Looks like I've been totally wrong about MCN. How could I have possibly enjoyed so many issues and not noticed their lack of rigor?

To those who have decided that MCN is pure junk with their questioning that narrative and all that: EIC Dave Searle of MCN is gone. No clue who the new Editor is.
That should put a smile on those fussy faces!

Hopefully Consumer Reports will update their Motorcycle Reliability Survey this year. I'll look forward to the howls! Popcorn anyone!:lurk:lurk:lurk

Back