• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Alaska's Dalton Highway - NY Times Travel Section Article 11/8/2015

exgman

The 11/8/2015 print edition of the NY Times had an interesting article written by a reporter who drove the length of the Dalton Highway in Toyota Rav-4. He mentions meeting one motorcycle rider (a Harley with a sidecar) on his drive. I think anyone can see the article and the photos here: http://nyti.ms/1HfDADK

Saw the article over coffee this morning. I don't plan to ride the Dalton, but it was a good article and I enjoyed it.

I don't think that's in the cards for me either, Dave. I did note that US50 was mentioned in the article (I rode it in Utah and Nevada) which is itself a pretty nice ride if you're interested in solitude and can't make it to Alaska.

Having lived in Fairbanks for several years I had the opportunity to travel the Dalton on a bike, in a truck and on a SnoGo. It is an interesting trip, but now my likelihood of ever riding it again can be summed up by what a long time Dalton Road trucker said to me when I mentioned that I was going to ride up to Deadhorse, "Why, did you leave something up there?"

Back