• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from Virginia

bigsr12r

New owner for a 2009 R1200R. I have loved these machines for over 10 years now. Never thought I would be riding one. My last bike was a Kawasaki Concours 2006 model, last before the C-14. This bike was both good to me and then bad to me. I am short and the top heavy, tall build of this motorcycle was a always a recipe for disaster. I had a few minor drop concerns with this motorcycle over the 8 years I owned it, but the worst by far was on the Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap NC. I was at the overlook in TN when getting ready to come out and a guy on a Harley was lurching starting over my shoulder. Long story short the bike went over and I shattered by left wrist. Got a nice titanium rod that runs the length of my wrist with 8 screws.:banghead Sad truth is this bike never fit me. Fast forward the R12R is such a welcome ride. The guy that previously owned it was also short and set it up with low seat. Wow the handling and the ease that this bike maneuvers for me is just amazing. Planning my first trip back to the Deals Gap area first of November.

I am looking forward to getting to know folks in the forum. The grin has not left my face since I bought the bike. I am not thinking it will be leaving any time soon.

Welcome to the forum!
What doesn't kill 'ya makes you stronger.
Any questions- just ask.
Gary

Back