• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

CDOT MOSAB (Motorcycle Operators Safety Advisory Board)

bex

Hi everyone, just trying to get the word out that I’m the volunteer Motorcycle Community Rep for MOSAB if someone can please spread the following info amongst your group and any others in Colorado that would be wonderful. Thanks again, Bex Becker

Here in Colorado we are fortunate enough to have a huge Motorcycle Community. It encompasses every kind of riding from cruising and cafe racers to sports and dual sports to trials and even ice racing. We are also lucky to have input in our CDOT safety programs. This falls under a group called MOSAB (Motorcycle Operators Safety Advisory Board). This board is made up of nearly all volunteer representatives coming from all aspects of the motorcycle training, transport safety, business and the community at large. I volunteered for a one year position earlier this summer to be the Motorcycle Riding Community Representative. This means I am representing you all and delivering your thoughts, ideas and opinions to the board. We meet quarterly. Its a public meeting btw, anyone can attend. The next one is in November.
I am trying to personally contact each group but I have research close to 90 listed groups so its taking sometime. I think word of mouth (maybe that should be word of facebook post) could accelerate the process. The meeting has been pulled forward just today and is only 2 weeks out. I should have an agenda any day but in the meantime please let me know of ANYTHING that you want me to bring up at the meeting. The attached links are useful references and some information on State programs etc. I am collating specific emails of interested parties who want to be specifically kept abreast of information. There are also countless reports where our money is spent, State statistics etc at the website. Let me know what you need.
Please share this post with attached links on with anyone and everyone, all pages and clubs and groups that you know of. Its important we understand what is going on within our State with regard to all acts of legislation, house bills and general safety programs. We can only have an influence on our riding rules and regs and environment if we get involved. Thank you for your help in spreading the word and spreading my email bexxer8@gmail.com
https://www.codot.gov/saf…/live-to-ride/rider-resources.html
https://www.codot.gov/saf…/live-to-ride/motorcycle-laws.html
https://www.codot.gov/safety/live-to-ride/get-training.html

Hi everyone, just trying to get the word out that I’m the volunteer Motorcycle Community Rep for MOSAB if someone can please spread the following info amongst your group and any others in Colorado that would be wonderful. Thanks again, Bex Becker

Here in Colorado we are fortunate enough to have a huge Motorcycle Community. It encompasses every kind of riding from cruising and cafe racers to sports and dual sports to trials and even ice racing. We are also lucky to have input in our CDOT safety programs. This falls under a group called MOSAB (Motorcycle Operators Safety Advisory Board). This board is made up of nearly all volunteer representatives coming from all aspects of the motorcycle training, transport safety, business and the community at large. I volunteered for a one year position earlier this summer to be the Motorcycle Riding Community Representative. This means I am representing you all and delivering your thoughts, ideas and opinions to the board. We meet quarterly. Its a public meeting btw, anyone can attend. The next one is in November.
I am trying to personally contact each group but I have research close to 90 listed groups so its taking sometime. I think word of mouth (maybe that should be word of facebook post) could accelerate the process. The meeting has been pulled forward just today and is only 2 weeks out. I should have an agenda any day but in the meantime please let me know of ANYTHING that you want me to bring up at the meeting. The attached links are useful references and some information on State programs etc. I am collating specific emails of interested parties who want to be specifically kept abreast of information. There are also countless reports where our money is spent, State statistics etc at the website. Let me know what you need.
Please share this post with attached links on with anyone and everyone, all pages and clubs and groups that you know of. Its important we understand what is going on within our State with regard to all acts of legislation, house bills and general safety programs. We can only have an influence on our riding rules and regs and environment if we get involved. Thank you for your help in spreading the word and spreading my email bexxer8@gmail.com
https://www.codot.gov/saf…/live-to-ride/rider-resources.html
https://www.codot.gov/saf…/live-to-ride/motorcycle-laws.html
https://www.codot.gov/safety/live-to-ride/get-training.html

Hello,

The topic of training has arisen on both the Revzilla "common tread" and MOA forum. The Revzilla forum has taken the approach that training cost may be a deterrent to new riders. From my perspective as PA resident, that seems extremely logical since we've always used state license / registration fees to cover the cost of the courses. Apparently, Illinois has a similar approach.

Do you think something similar would work in CO or something your group would advocate?

Sincerely,

Jon Eaton
MOA 36654

Thanks for the CO safety info

I'm very interested in this effort. Great to see Colorado is focused on MC safety. Please let me know if there is a way for a single rider to participate. Thx, V/R Ted Cassin

Back