• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dynamic Motorrad HID Headlamp Failure on 2010 R1200RT

mward

I have recently purchased a HID headlamp assembly from Dynamic Motorrad, Whitby Ontario. Right low beam failed after 3 months. I have emailed the company with no reply and cannot locate a telephone number? Their website it very scant of contact points. Its only an hour away from me and i may drop by to see if they are still in business or able to help me directly. Looking at their website they now don't seem to distribute these same HID headlamps (via Xenoflo) anymore. Would anyone have any insight into Dynamic Motorrad, how to contact them or how to secure a warranty replacement for the HID bulb/assembly?

Somewhere on there is a link to a HID. I bought one and it didn't work. Took forever to get any response. The second one gave the same error code. So I went with an LED.

Since conversion of halogen headlights to HID burners is illegal most places or should be as it's an engineering impossibility to do correctly, expecting integrity from those selling them seems a little silly. It's obviously a risky business.

Buyer beware....

Since conversion of halogen headlights to HID burners is illegal most places or should be as it's an engineering impossibility to do correctly, expecting integrity from those selling them seems a little silly. It's obviously a risky business.

Seems the moral is "Buyer Beware".....although putting up with those low vis halogen bulbs is hard to swallow. Dynamic Motorrad seemed to have such a good reputation. Think i'll start looking for an LED option....

Bit disheartening,....not my style to rag on a small company / product provider ,...especially one that came with good reviews and has advertised in the MOA's BMW ON,....BUT,...Dynamic Motorrad Product Support emailed me on Oct 18, committing that they were "away" but would address my HID headlamp failure upon return, (which was last week). No communication since,....really shows what’s Customer Services is not about! I want to believe they will honor the 18 month product warranty but ?.....Watch out for these guy's,...

Back