• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where's This?

SFDOC said:
OK John, you are looking west on the eastside of the Rockies, the terrain looks ragged, kinda like Northern WY or somewhere in MT. Are you looking at the Grand Tetons?
Close, its named for something you do not want to find in your leg. :doh

widebmw said:
Close, its named for something you do not want to find in your leg. :doh

I give, too broad an area.

I can think of Lead, Broken Knee, Bear Tooth, Saw Tooth, Forks and a couple other things like Gravel, that I don't want to find in my leg, but I can find them on a map, although the scenery has been seen a few times at different times of the year both in the windhield and the rearview mirror.

Someone elses turn...

SFDOC said:
I give, too broad an area.

I can think of Lead, Broken Knee, Bear Tooth, Saw Tooth, Forks and a couple other things like Gravel, that I don't want to find in my leg, but I can find them on a map, although the scenery has been seen a few times at different times of the year both in the windhield and the rearview mirror.

Someone elses turn...
One of those is correct but I would not like to have a Grand Teton in my leg either. I would have to have my pants altered.

Koop - is that the pullout at the end of Deal's Gap, down on the Joyce Kilmer end?

widebmw said:
One of those is correct but I would not like to have a Grand Teton in my leg either. I would have to have my pants altered.

The Saw Tooth Mountain Range in Idaho?

My Picture revealed

KBasa said:
Koop - is that the pullout at the end of Deal's Gap, down on the Joyce Kilmer end?

KBasa,

Close, that is the overlook on the north end of what most people call Deal's Gap or the Dragon. It is the place most people turn around at to make another pass.

Deals gap actually extends down to the bridge near the lake however. But we give you big attaboy for your observation. That picture was actually taken this past Friday. If you are heading to Deal's gap in the near future know that the store will be closing soon and the resteraunt closes in a week.

Koop

Sheeese Koop

Should have gone with my second choice first and you could have told this West Coaster I was only 50-miles away in the same mountains. :buds

I should have figured Deal's Gap. HA HA :p

Russ

k12koop said:
Close, that is the overlook on the north end of what most people call Deal's Gap or the Dragon. It is the place most people turn around at to make another pass.
Fontana Dam? If the photo included more to the left of the frame, I think I'd be able to tell. (It's been twenty years since I used to frequent that area.)

Relatively high ranking "Must ride" roads in the US.

Anyone? Anyone?

Attachments

• DSC00195.jpg
    DSC00195.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 123
Not Fontana

flash412 said:
Fontana Dam? If the photo included more to the left of the frame, I think I'd be able to tell. (It's been twenty years since I used to frequent that area.)

That picture is on the north end of the Dragon, Fontana is on the South End.

Koop

RTRandy said:

Anyone? Anyone?

It That the BRP or Skyline Drive, I would say in the Virginia section of the road close to Roanoke.

Koop

Last edited:
k12koop said:
It That the BRP or Skyline Drive, I would say in the Virginia section of the road close to Roanoke.

Koop

Nope. Hint: It's goes 54 miles the way you see it here.

Last edited:
RTRandy said:

Anyone? Anyone?
No idea, but is there some chance I could ride it on my way from California to Vermont next year? ;-)

DarrylRi said:
No idea, but is there some chance I could ride it on my way from California to Vermont next year? ;-)

Sure can. Here's another shot down the road. It's like this pretty much the whole way.

Attachments

• DSC00202.jpg
    DSC00202.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 121
RTRandy said:
You are correct, sir !!

Was on it in April on the way to Big Bend in Texas. Really enjoyed it. Here's a pic I took then.

24752058-M.jpg

Back