• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where's This?

SFDOC said:
Tioga Pass, (Yosemite area), near Lee Vining Mono Lake?

....too far north...gotta back up 'bout 150 miles.......

....The Alabama Hills.....Lone Pine , California.....a lot of History here....Hopalong Cassidy and the Lone Ranger....

(www.395.com/generalinfo/alabama.shtml) ...check it out... :wave

Attachments

• HILLS black white.jpg
    HILLS black white.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 145
Thanks Wildman, I enjoyed trying and that is a desolate place still to this day. My brother and I rode up through there on rented Harleys about five years ago, going to Bishop (Old family fishing/stomping ground at Rock Creek). Interesting but you can find those kinds of weathered granite formations from there to Texas/Oklahoma. So it was a hard one.

DarrylRi said:
Ah! The Alabama hills, above Lone Pine on US-395.
Ooops, I didn't see that you had revealed it before I answered this. I camped there once, and as soon as I saw the hint about US-395, I knew where it had to be.

How about this little fixer-upper?

It's on a popular road in this state...

sccapitolofark.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF3574a.JPG
    DSCF3574a.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 127
The only one I've been able to get so far is Bear Tooth pass.
Here's one from my trip this summer .... North America ... not the US.

27737504-M.jpg

IAMBOB said:
This looks like a piece of the trail in PA over the Allegheny River.. I tried to walk across it before they put the "trail" down, and being scared of heights I scared the crap out of myself...

Nope, It's South of Kelowna, BC There is a logging road that goes from Penticton to Kelowna along the east side of the lake. It was one of the highlights of my trip.

LECFlagger said:
The only one I've been able to get so far is Bear Tooth pass.
Here's one from my trip this summer .... North America ... not the US.

27737504-M.jpg

I am gonna take a wild-assed guess and say that this is overlooking Long Point in Newfoundland.

That's what you get for cross-posting ride reports! :p

(great report, btw...)

Ian

Visian said:
I am gonna take a wild-assed guess and say that this is overlooking Long Point in Newfoundland.

Ian

Can't say if it is Long Point, but it sure looks like Newfoundland...having been there.

Visian said:
Oh, trust me Alex... it is definitely Long Point. ;)

Ian

Oh, I wasn't doubting you. All I had time for was the west coast of Newfoundland before heading over to Labrador, so Long Point didn't ring a bell. But that pic sure looks like the areas I toured in. Great place to ride. I loved every minute of it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++Where's This?

Bump this old thread for the riding season

I took this picture 25 years ago,
never wrote down the name of the lighthouse

Anyone know the name?

Where is this? Feel free to post your own.

Back