• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600 18,000 mile inspection

Diy

Not an overly complicated check. If you have a decent set of tools and service manual it will take about 3-4 hours to complete. There's also a couple of decent videos on youtube showing how to check the valves. You can now get the plugs from NAPA, etc for about $11 each.

Thanks..............

Thanks for talking me out of a K1600B guy's. Most of the price's quoted here are totally obscene IMHO.

Ride Safe,
P

Coincidentally; I just had mine done. Total without oil/filter change was $565. That included free pick up and delivery.
I hesitated having the plugs changed but there was almost 30,000 miles on them; so I bit the bullet.
The old plugs looked used but good. Valves were in spec. Radiator was thoroughly cleaned. Brake system flushed and fluid replaced. Air filter replaced. Rear diff serviced. And they completed the BMW recommended 18K inspection checklist and everything else was fine.

I was going to do the service myself w/o the valve check in the spring. But when I consider the cost of parts, and that my lack of expertise would add hours of time, I figured it was worth the premium. Plus I have Clearwater Erica's and running light conversion to install when the weather warms up. So I got a lot of downtime out of the way.
It also fosters my relationship with the dealer.
I figure I should be good for another 36,000 miles when I intend to do a complete service again.
So, a reasonable investment.

Joe

What is the name of the dealership that did that service for $565?

I ride up & trout fish in southeast MN. I could stop in if I time that right.

Back