• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

newbie here in South , south Texas

daisymae

Currently riding a Yamaha 650 v-star. Am picking up a 1983 R 100 RT next week in the Ft. Worth area. any tips on getting this bike back on rode welcome. I am semi-retired and ride about 4000 miles per year. looking forward to the full faring for extending the riding season even way way down south. I live about 10 miles from Mexico and about 20 miles inland from the gulf. Luck, Ben

Welcome, Ben! You are definitely way, way down there...SPIT...South Padre Island, Texas nearby.

The RT should be a nice all around bike, although during Texas summers, it could be a bit warm behind the fairing. What do you mean by "getting back on the road"? Is the bike not running now? Or are you just considering what it takes to make it reliable again?

Welcome Aboard!

Ben,

Welcome to the club and the forum! Like Kurt said what are the issues you're concerned with? Ask specific questions and you'll get specific answers (just don't ask about what the best oil is:banged)

Thanks for being a member!

Hello from Mission, TX

Hi Ben. Welcome, I am also looking for fellow riders here in South Texas. I just joined today. I will be picking up '82 R65 early next year. Are you located in RGV? Let me know.

Wayne

Welcome!

Sometimes, we are so new that we don't even know which questions to ask. When you know, just ask! I rode to South Padre from Amarillo in September. Warm, humid, yet beautiful!

Back