Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Innovv K1 Moto Dash Camera Review

  1. #1
    Registered User ppalac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    35

    Innovv K1 Moto Dash Camera Review

    Decided to put together a product review for this dash camera system:


    https://youtu.be/VDCgO9P5vsQ


    First ever review. Rough around the edges. Hope folks find it useful.
    --Perry
    2015 R1200RT

  2. #2
    Great review!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    L.D.R.S.H.I.P
    2016 BMW R1200RT
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2006 Harley Sportster

  3. #3
    Registered User ppalac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by haxbmw View Post
    Great review!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
    --Perry
    2015 R1200RT

  4. #4
    Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,706
    Thank you for taking the time to document and narrate this review. I know it takes a fair amount of time to do something like this well and I found it very helpful.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)


    Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by ppalac View Post
    Decided to put together a product review for this dash camera system:


    https://youtu.be/VDCgO9P5vsQ


    First ever review. Rough around the edges. Hope folks find it useful.
    Good job,
    One question where did you purchase camera, I can only find the car version
    Jim

  6. #6
    Registered User ppalac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
    Good job,
    One question where did you purchase camera, I can only find the car version
    Jim
    I bought the motorcycle kit right off the Innovv website.

    So far the system is working OK. I'm curious to hear what others experience are like.
    --Perry
    2015 R1200RT

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    1,005
    Perry
    Thanks for info
    Hoping they will be at long beach show in two weeks

  8. #8
    Registered User ppalac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to document and narrate this review. I know it takes a fair amount of time to do something like this well and I found it very helpful.
    Really appreciate this feedback. Thought I should also say that I purchased the item with may own funds and independently decided to do the review of the product. I hope to deliver a genuine and honest perspective.
    --Perry
    2015 R1200RT

  9. #9
    Registered User RoadRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    43
    Very good review. I'm looking closely at installing one of these. I wondered if you have any updates now that you've had some more time using it.

    It doesn't appear to me that the video quality is high enough to read license plates when cars come close or when following. What has been your experience with that?

    Any more information and opinions on it would be appreciated.
    Tom
    Tom - South Jersey
    2012 BMW R1200 GSA, and a 2nd or 3rd bike of the moment & 31 assorted training motorcycles.
    RiderCoach

  10. #10
    Registered User ppalac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRdr View Post
    Very good review. I'm looking closely at installing one of these. I wondered if you have any updates now that you've had some more time using it.

    It doesn't appear to me that the video quality is high enough to read license plates when cars come close or when following. What has been your experience with that?

    Any more information and opinions on it would be appreciated.
    Tom
    Hi Tom - Thanks for the feedback.

    Regarding resolution and clarity of the cameras. I believe the cameras are good enough to capture details of objects.

    Having recently reviewed some video taken from the K1, the quality of the picture may depend on lighting and exposure when the video is recorded. In some cases, I can clearly read tag information from other vehicles. The times I cannot see detail is when there is glare. That said, perhaps this could be helped with mounting the camera in another location?!?

    Also, it doesn't hurt to keep the lenses clean. :-/

    Hope this helps.
    --Perry
    2015 R1200RT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •