Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2015 R12GSA water pumps

I showed the bike to the dealer in early August. After he told me not to worry about it, I washed the bike, including the area where the seepage was visible.

I checked just now: no further signs of seepage at all.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    I showed the bike to the dealer in early August. After he told me not to worry about it, I washed the bike, including the area where the seepage was visible.

I checked just now: no further signs of seepage at all.

Harry
    Harry, don't worry about it.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I've been steadily not worrying about the seeping oil from Annie's water pump on her F650GS for nearly two years and 15K miles.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Harry, don't worry about it.
    Thanks. I won't worry a bit. I love the bike.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

2014-2015 GSA water pump seepage issue/new water pump part #?

Does anyone who has replaced their water pump know if the new replacement water pump part # installed to correct the seepage issue is the same original water-pump or is it a different pump amd part #?

Thanks!
    2015 R1200 GSA
    "Ride as if your life depends upon it"

I just had the water pump replaced on my 2016 RT, for the same problem as reported above. Noticed it weeping at around 3k miles, and replaced today ar 4.7k miles. It was bad enough to occasionally leave a small puddle in the driveway at the end of a ride.

To answer the question in the previous post, the part number of the replacement is 11518529879. I don't know if is different than the original or not. Someone more knowledgeable than me can let us know.

No evidence of weeping after the 70 mile ride home.
    Gary
    Casa Grande, AZ
    2016 R1200RT

Some people have had their water pumps replaced, but more often than not the seeping seems to stop within a couple thousand miles. I have wondered if perhaps some of what folks have seen has been the result of overfilling at the factory or upon initial setup.

Generally what I've heard from others is that their dealers tell them to monitor it "for a while"--whatever that means--and to come back if the seepage continues.

That's what they told me, too. Hence, the 1700 miles between noticing it and replacing it. The turning point was when it left wet spots on the driveway. As soon as they saw pics of that, they ordered a replacement. They said the shaft seal was clearly leaking, and it won't get better. Hopefully it's a long term fix.
    Gary
    Casa Grande, AZ
    2016 R1200RT

I had to have my water pump replaced at 3500 miles on my 2015 R1200GSA.
    Steve
    2015 R1200GSA
    2015 Indian Chieftain
    Owned numerous others !

2015 RT water pump leak

I'm in the club!

I went for a ride Saturday on my 5500 mile 2015 RT. I rode about 250 miles in 90 plus heat. Sunday morning there were a couple of drops of blue fluid under the front of the engine. I traced the fluid back to the water pump witness port.

I emailed my dealer Monday about the leak and they said that they'd seen a few RT water pump leaks. They also said that BMW was aware of the issue and was preparing a Service Bulletin to address the problem. The Service Manager mentioned they'd be able to install the bulletin the next time I bring the bike in for service so it sounds like the SB will be available soon.

ridelife