Thread: GS911 WIFI won't pull up service interval data

GS911 WIFI won't pull up service interval data

Anyone seen this before? I can connect to the bike directly over the built in wifi or via usb cable and in each instance it will read all data include error code ino, but will not pull up the menu to reset the service flags so I can reset them. It tells me it can't connect to the network, even though it already is talking to it over the network. BTW, it's a '15 R1200GSA

Thanks

BTW, if anyone needs to use one in my area, hit me up.
    JD
    '15 R1200 GSA, '16 K1600GTL

Are you using a iPhone/iPad/Mac my understanding service resets not avaible, I bought a cheap notebook to use with my GS911 wifi, all is well

I've tried my phone and laptop both, including wifi and USB connections.
    JD

To reset the service reminder you need access to the internet for both your GS911 and the device you are using to control it. If using just the hotspot the GS911 generates (D2D, no internet) you will only have access to the device workings such as reading and clearing fault codes and real time values. You need to connect your GS911 to your WiFI network. Switch the GS911 to WIFI infrastructure mode so it can connect to your WIFI setup. You can then use your password in the options section to sign in the GS911. You are then good to go to use the cloud services that include service reminder reset. You can use your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC or android device for the cloud service.

If you are having trouble with this consult the Hexcode website that will lead you through the steps.
    2018 R1200RT W - Continent traveler
    2016 S1000XR - Smile Maker
    1976 R90/6 - Just Plain Fun

Quote Originally Posted by gr8ridn2 View Post
    To reset the service reminder you need access to the internet for both your GS911 and the device you are using to control it. If using just the hotspot the GS911 generates (D2D, no internet) you will only have access to the device workings such as reading and clearing fault codes and real time values. You need to connect your GS911 to your WiFI network. Switch the GS911 to WIFI infrastructure mode so it can connect to your WIFI setup. You can then use your password in the options section to sign in the GS911. You are then good to go to use the cloud services that include service reminder reset. You can use your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC or android device for the cloud service.

If you are having trouble with this consult the Hexcode website that will lead you through the steps.

This is true except if you use the PC app - then you don't need to be internet connected.

Quote Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
    This is true except if you use the PC app - then you don't need to be internet connected.
    Can confirm, I've been using the PC app without internet for a while now.

Thanks guys, I'll give it another try this weekend. I did try my laptop, but it apparently doesn't work with the Mac app. Haven't tried PC.
    JD