Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 04 R1150R been sitting. Fuel tank rusty. Fuel tank & fuel pump options?

Thank you I will be pulling the starter to check that before I order anything.
    The guy I got it from was very well off and seemed real legit. He said it ran fine last time he rode it and it has been sitting in his car port for years. His wife made him stop riding it when he had kids. So hopefully its ok, I really want to ride it.
    Does the remus exhaust boost power much or is it just more noise and minimal hp gains?
    I would be lost without the help of this forum so thank you to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by redlines View Post
    Any recomendations on where to send the injectors?
    I used these guys...

https://www.injectorrx.com/

They sent a comprehensive report and I was very satisfied with the results.
    Michael Stock, Trinity, NC
    R1100RT, R100, R60/6

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by redlines View Post
    Does the remus exhaust boost power much or is it just more noise and minimal hp gains?
    The latter.

Canuckle Head

I own a 2004 R1150R. The OEM fuel pump comes from Bosch. BMW thinks that putting it in their box makes it worth three times as much (not joking). Get the Bosch pump online and have a competent shop fix it if you, like me, don't have the tools or experience to do the job. Look it up on Youtube and decide if you want to take on this project.

The work is not a problem tanks already off and fuel pump assembly is removed. Do you have a link to a bosch part number for the fuel pump thats not threw BMW?
    The wires that go into my fuel pump assembly are broken on the inside of the tank from all the old gas it looks like its pressed fit into the metal plate so it wont leak.
    Can you replace those wires? If its not a perfect fit it will leak. Only cheaper option besides OEM $ is the boneyards after market fuel pump assembly kit for $160. Not sure if it replaces the wires that go threw the fuel pump metal mounting plate or if you splice into it on the tank side?
    Also how do you remove the white plastic retainer that mounts the fuel pump. I know BMW doesnt sell them seperately so I dont want to break it.

Take a read through this thread. I think you'll find information on other fuel pumps: http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...lhead.1071783/

Thanks for the link. I think the R1150R uses a different fuel plate, pump and fuel level sending unit that is only used on the R1150R and Rockster. So none of those fuel pump part numbers in that thread will work.
    I need the whole fuel plate assembly since my wires are bad and they are not replaceable its a press fit threw the plate from the factory.
    If anyone has one for sale i am interested?