• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Chatter

JWP

Has anyone experienced, for lack of a better word, a chatter on the 650 when starting from a complete stop. More so when bike is cold. It feels like the belt may be slipping.

My 2014 C650GT is in the BMW shop for the second time with exactly that problem. When I slowed down in traffic and the transmission disengaged when I slow accelerated, or went around a turn, the back end would chatter and the engine might rev up slightly. I got it out of the shop a week ago after having most of the internal transmission parts replaced, rode 15 miles and it began chattering again. And this isn't just a mild noise but a chatter that shakes the whole scooter.
If anyone has any suggestions, please respond...not including trading in a C650GT with only 2100 miles for a 2016 without the chatter.

My 2013 had chatter. Brought it in for the tensioner recall and it was still there. A couple of months later replaced tensioner failed and chain jumped a tooth. Followwing a replacement and valve adjustment has fixed it

If I jump the throttle hard going around a corner I will get a chirp
Could be the CVT, could be the final. Sounds like a belt.
It's so infrequent that when it happens about all it brings to my attention is I'm jumping the throttle
No shudder, no revving, no hesitation
Good to know that I am not imagining this phenomenon
2013 model

This is not a complaint, just an observation
The bike is just nutty twist and go fun. Takes me back to my mini-bike days
I really like the boards, which is funny because they are so not BMW
And the boot is cavernous

Back