• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Commerative cross country ride

Sisters centennial ride

I have been enlisted to be one of the ride leaders for this momentous event. I understand your concern about the charities. I'll pass them along to the event creator. Both are not large charities, and being as they are more narrowly focused on women, they may not be in a listing of big or popular charities. That is one of the problems with the internet. It cannot be ALL inclusive and sometimes the best, but small entities get overlooked.

$5700 does sound like a lot of money, but look at what you get for it. All nights in ***+ lodging, leaders (good for getting info and help even if you don't want to ride in a group), meals, a chase vehicle for luggage, and the camaraderie and media coverage. The full ride is 21 days. If you wish to join us for a shorter time, there is the option of joining an abbreviated tour starting in Colorado Springs and a weekend/finale tour from Carson City to SF. We are encouraging riders to meet with us along the way at some of the events we have planned such as The American Motorcyclist Museum and Mid-Ohio races, various museum events, and a ride up Pikes Peak.

Please find out for yourself about the tour by going to www.sistersmotorcycleride.com

P.S. Kevin: I'm also a member of Team Pterodactyl

I have been enlisted to be one of the ride leaders for this momentous event. I understand your concern about the charities. I'll pass them along to the event creator. Both are not large charities, and being as they are more narrowly focused on women, they may not be in a listing of big or popular charities.

I did find "Final Salute, Inc." in GuideStar and also found the 2014 IRS Form 990 for the organization there. It is a 501(c)(3) corporation with the mission to "provide transitional housing for female homeless veterans and their children." Gross receipts were $780,749 in the 2014 Form 990. Total expenses for services provided were $498,657. The President and Development Director (Cpt. Jaspen Boothe) was paid $61,389 in 2014. The 9-member Board of Directors has three women and six men as members. There is a lot of other detail in the form 990. I did not look at the 2013 and 2012 990 filings.

I could not find "Women's Coalition of Motorcyclists" in GuideStar. Maybe it's under another name.

I have been enlisted to be one of the ride leaders for this momentous event. l

Hi Karen. Were you the tour leader on a Edelweiss tour at Missoula Montana in 2003? I think we meet you on that tour. We were on matching blue and white K1200RSs.

Back