• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Check out the main forum page

kbasa

Vince and Scott put up a news feed today. It's down on the bottom and has a set of topics. You just click on them to read the stories.

Way cool.

ummm... where? On http://forums.bmwmoa.org/index.php? there is no xml feed that FeedDemon can find.

t'aint on the home page, either... do you mean those links down at the bottom of the first column?

On Burnszilla's page, see that little orange box with "xml" ??? *that's* a newsfeed.

Ian

Visian said:
ummm... where? On http://forums.bmwmoa.org/index.php? there is no xml feed that FeedDemon can find.

t'aint on the home page, either... do you mean those links down at the bottom of the first column?

On Burnszilla's page, see that little orange box with "xml" ??? *that's* a newsfeed.

Ian

patience young Ian

About the "News from the Web" headlines ...

Hi Folks,

Initially, I am finding the stories myself each AM, and they are posted. We'll continue this "old-fashioned" way until we agree on a feed to bring it all in.

Keep those postcards and letters coming!

Vince Winkel

The media editor .....

Here is a free news feed from my employer, Topix.net. We usually charge $250/mth per feed. A gift to my friends at the BMWMOA.

http://rss.topix.net/rss/motorcycles/bmw.xml

All you have to do is place "powered by Topix.net" at the bottom of it.

We crawl 15,000 news sources and 17,000 quality blogs and have AI categorize it into over 300,000 categories. I personally created all of the motorcycle categories using key terms such as every model of motorcycle. I have added every major motorcycle magazine website and blog to our list of sources.

Burnszilla said:
Here is a free news feed from my employer, Topix.net. We usually charge $250/mth per feed. A gift to my friends at the BMWMOA.

http://rss.topix.net/rss/motorcycles/bmw.xml

All you have to do is place "powered by Topix.net" at the bottom of it.

We crawl 15,000 news sources and 17,000 quality blogs and have AI categorize it into over 300,000 categories. I personally created all of the motorcycle categories using key terms such as every model of motorcycle. I have added every major motorcycle magazine website and blog to our list of sources.

:rocker you rock dude!

vincewinkel said:
Hi Folks,

Initially, I am finding the stories myself each AM, and they are posted. We'll continue this "old-fashioned" way until we agree on a feed to bring it all in.

Keep those postcards and letters coming!

Vince Winkel

The media editor .....

Vince - this idea rocks (even if I am not the world's most patient person :) )

Speaking of newsfeeds, a company I consult with is working on a way cool thing that's rather bleeding edge. It's a newsfeed of newsfeeds.

Ok... what's that? Well, the way it works is a community of people surf and post feeds of interesting content. This list of feeds becomes a feed itself... which others can subscribe to. Kinda like a super feed... sorta like subscribing to a feed of what a group of people are currently interested it.

Looking at Burnszilla's thing, it's kinda like Topix with "real-people" intelligence, as opposed to AI.

Might be something of value to our community. Check it out:The Port (they also have some wicked desktop gadgets... )

Ian

Back