Thread: Seat Lock Stuck

Seat Lock Stuck

I just purchased a 2015 r1200gs Adventure (love it so far). Today I removed the seats to adjust the rider position, then locked both seats back down. However, the key is stuck in the seat lock and I cannot get it out. Any suggestions?

Not sure about the gs but on my rt it's possible to turn the key too far and or not enough and it won't come out until centered and there doesn't seem to be a noticeable detent to know when you are there. Try moving the key slowly to the right while pulling gently to see if you can remove it.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyroto View Post
    I just purchased a 2015 r1200gs Adventure (love it so far). Today I removed the seats to adjust the rider position, then locked both seats back down. However, the key is stuck in the seat lock and I cannot get it out. Any suggestions?
    Welcome to the forum!
    Sometimes the manual will have a procedure explaining things.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Seat Lock Stuck

Thanks for that thought. Just tried it to no avail. Key does not seem to be able to make the full rotation either (can only turn it partially). Both seats are firmly in place, just cannot turn fully or remove the key.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Try sitting on the seat and turning the key. It could be the newness of the seat and rubber components that has things under tension.
    I have also seen someone leave a tool under a seat and forgetting that was why the seat was so hard to lock.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200