• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

flea market change

Panjo is fee free for BMW MOA members.

Thanks for the clarification. Apparently Panjo's arrangement with MOA members is different than its relationship to other users.

Some of this confusion about fees might have been avoided had Panjo's FAQ been correct: the FAQ states that a fee will be charged:

What are Panjo's fees?

There are no fees for buyers. Sellers can create a profile and list items for free. Panjo retains a small fee (7%) when your item sells. The maximum fee Panjo charges is $100. Standard payment processing fees also apply.

I'm sure multiple FAQs for different audiences and groups using Panjo would be technically challenging. However, an early clear statement to MOA members that Panjo would itself charge no fees, and that for MOA members the Panjo FAQ was incorrect about fees, would have ameliorated some of this unhappiness.

Thanks for the clarification. Apparently Panjo's arrangement with MOA members is different than its relationship to other users. Some of this confusion about fees might have been avoided had Panjo's FAQ been correct.

Agreed. Apologies for the confusion. We took for granted that the members of our partner community marketplaces knew if there were fees or not. We will get that FAQ language updated.

It's great that Panjo has responded and alleviated most of the concerns.
There will still be those unhappy with the Panjo set-up but as in a lot of situations, those who were not familiar with the "old" set-up are proceeding along nicely.
Don't hesitate to post any problems that you may be having with the Panjo application as I know they are watching and want this to be a success.
OM

I think if we as a club are going to turn our website flea market over to an outside firm we might as well look into turning the management of the club over to an outside company as well.

lets out source the whole thing.

Really? Could you over-react a little more?

Guests can browse categories and view complete listings. Contacting a seller requires a login. Anyone can purchase an item. Sellers reserve the right to accept or reject a buyer.

Are you saying a non MOA member can purchase an item listed in the panjo MOA Flea Market?

Thanks for all the answers today.

If I remember correctly we did hash out this fee issue when Panjo was first introduced because I was one of the first to read the FAQ and jump to the same conclusion way back when. Guess a lot of you weren't reading those posts back then. Just look at the amount of items listed and sold. Something must be working right for a lot of us.

Are you saying a non MOA member can purchase an item listed in the panjo MOA Flea Market? Thanks for all the answers today.

Yes. This is correct. It is possible for a non MOA member to purchase an item listed in the MOA Flea Market. This has been the case since Panjo was introduced. It is up to the seller if he wants to fulfill the sale or refund that buyer for any reason.

Yes. This is correct. It is possible for a non MOA member to purchase an item listed in the MOA Flea Market. This has been the case since Panjo was introduced. It is up to the seller if he wants to fulfill the sale or refund that buyer for any reason.

Thanks for the reply. I was pretty sure that was the case but wanted to make sure.
If I was selling an item I would probably make sure the buyer was a member by asking them to PM me through the MOA forum.

This Page needs to be updated...

you left out the best part of the quote

Really? Could you over-react a little more?

Thanks
I will try to get under control sometime this winter.
The VA says they have meds for this.

don't take things so literally, I just wanted to stir the pot a bit and it appears I did.
Happy trails
Dave

Panjo donates server costs, CDN (content delivery network) expenses, customer support time, and other resources to BMW MOA. Panjo makes money by charging fees within certain community marketplaces on its platform. Panjo is a community of community marketplaces. Some of those community marketplaces are fee free (like BMW MOA) some are not.

So there are no fees to members, or the MOA? If so, are there plans to collect/charge fees in the future, will there be ads? If this is true, thank you! It is a valuable service being donated the the club!

Personally, I am one of those old codgers that preferred the "member to member" flea market.

I see a lot of concern about the fee structure on this issue. Anybody tried to actually find something to buy on the Panjo site? Could be in for a surprise.

As noted in another thread, on the "on line central" category, I wasted about 2 hours on this issue last Friday with no real results. Today, to test whether things had improved, I tried searching for a "K75". I got 79 bikes, almost all airheads, to sift through. I then tried the new "category" of "early K bikes K75 K100 " and got zero results for both k75 and k100. The system of a few weeks ago would bring up only K75 bikes, nice pictures, just basically worked real well.

How did the people at Panjo manage to take a working search system, and turn it into a useless one? Good job. My question is, is BMWMOA (that would be all of us) actually paying these people for this "service"? Who at MOA is in charge of this debacle? Have they actually gone on the site to see what is happening?

Wow, "progress"......? Glad I'm not trying to buy or sell something through the MOA at this time.

So there are no fees to members, or the MOA? If so, are there plans to collect/charge fees in the future, will there be ads? If this is true, thank you! It is a valuable service being donated the the club!

Correct, there are no fees to members or the MOA. There are no plans to collect/charge fees to MOA members in the future. There are no plans for ads.

Read posts #32, 35 and 37.

I read them. So apparently Panjo is doing all this work out of the goodness of their heart. Well, that's wonderful.

Now back to the issue I raised: the search system doesn't seem to work. Don't believe me. Try it yourself. Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

So let me understand this: It's a free service to all of us, Panjo isn't charging BMWMOA for any of it's time, and the end result is a product that doesn't work anywhere near as well as the system that was in place before the MOA got the free help. Can someone explain what the benefit to all of us members is of all this wonderful free help? I must be missing it.

I see a lot of concern about the fee structure on this issue. Anybody tried to actually find something to buy on the Panjo site? Could be in for a surprise. As noted in another thread, on the "on line central" category, I wasted about 2 hours on this issue last Friday with no real results. Today, to test whether things had improved, I tried searching for a "K75". I got 79 bikes, almost all airheads, to sift through. I then tried the new "category" of "early K bikes K75 K100 " and got zero results for both k75 and k100. The system of a few weeks ago would bring up only K75 bikes, nice pictures, just basically worked real well. How did the people at Panjo manage to take a working search system, and turn it into a useless one? Good job. My question is, is BMWMOA (that would be all of us) actually paying these people for this "service"? Who at MOA is in charge of this debacle? Have they actually gone on the site to see what is happening?

The new category is new. No sellers have listed bikes under that new category yet. We didn't reassign any legacy listings to that new category. We will be looking at the performance of search results on an ongoing basis.

Odd, I just looked at my ad and Panjo or some one from another world has raised the price $237. What a bunch of garbage.
Anyone who is interested should contact me via PM for the lower and original price.
If Panjo doesn't like this, they can feel free to nuke my ad.

Back