• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Announcement: We are upgrading the BMW MOA Flea Market!

panjo

Panjo Admin
BMW MOA and Panjo are pleased to introduce some changes that are coming to the BMW MOA Flea Market today.

What is being updated?

• The Flea Market Image Gallery is moving to http://www.panjo.com/p/bmw-motorcycle-owners-of-america.
• There is a new, easier-to-use, listing creation process.
• Search / filtering is much more accurate and faster.
• You can now see images in full-size.
• The new BMW MOA Image Gallery is 100% mobile and tablet friendly.
• You will need to be logged into Panjo to list an item for sale in the Classifieds.
• With your Panjo account, you can now create new posts on BMW MOA directly from the new BMWMOA Marketplace on Panjo.​

What is staying the same?

• You can continue to create new posts directly from the "Post New Thread" button in the Flea Market Forum.
• The thread posts that get created with each listing will look and work the same.
• The purchase process is unchanged.​

Contact / Feedback

1. The BMW MOA community manager, Max, will be monitoring this thread closely.
2. You can email Max directly at Max@panjo.com.
3. You can call the Panjo customer support line at: (424) 272-0291​

As always we look forward to your feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks to GSAddict for suggesting that I explicitly mention the following:

In order to create a BMW MOA listing:
1) Use the "post new thread" button in any of the member marketplace subforums.
or
2) Go to the BMW MOA community marketplace on Panjo and click the blue "create thread" button in the upper right corner of the screen. (if you are on a tablet or mobile device, this blue button appears behind the "hamburger icon" in the upper left corner of the screen)
or
3) Use this BMW MOA Listing Creation link

- How does one ask the seller a question prior to purchasing once on the Panjo site?
- I only see credit card payments as options not Paypal or money order options?
- Ad gets posted automatically with "free shipping" - this is not acceptable as buyers are all over NA and rates vary significantly with distance, especially with larger heavy items.
Typically a zip or postal code is provided by the prospective buyer and a quote is given by the seller (which brings me back to Q1)

Confused

I can no longer find my listing. Search does not pull it up when enter 2012 R1200R. Pulls up lots of stuff that has no mention of 2012 or R1200R. Seems like there is lots of stuff that has nothing to do with BMW motorcycles, and I don't really want to look at. Wow. Really improved.

How does one ask the seller a question prior to purchasing once on the Panjo site?

Here is your R1200RT Luggage Railing listing. On the right hand side of the page there is a "contact seller" button.

I only see credit card payments as options not Paypal or money order options?

If a seller has a PayPal account connected to his seller account, then PayPal is a payment option. Money Orders were not an integrated payment option before. They are not an option at this time.

Ad gets posted automatically with "free shipping" - this is not acceptable as buyers are all over NA and rates vary significantly with distance, especially with larger heavy items.
Typically a zip or postal code is provided by the prospective buyer and a quote is given by the seller (which brings me back to Q1)

We are working on an integration with EasyPost right now to integrate shipping and preprinted shipping labels into the checkout flow. We project that enhancement should be out in ~2 weeks.

I can no longer find my listing. Search does not pull it up when enter 2012 R1200R. Pulls up lots of stuff that has no mention of 2012 or R1200R. Seems like there is lots of stuff that has nothing to do with BMW motorcycles, and I don't really want to look at.

You can filter Panjo down to the BMW MOA community marketplace through this URL:
http://www.panjo.com/p/bmw-motorcycle-owners-of-america
We are working on adding links to that URL into bmwmoa.org in appropriate places.
Once you are on that URL, you can use the search bar and by default limit your search to BMW MOA member listings.

KPROBB - Your seller profile page is here.

Your live listing, 2012 R1200R; Tour, Commute, Canyon Carve!, is displaying. I think some site and search engine cacheing is occurring and the site needs to catch up with the migration. I am investigating to make sure this isn't an issue any bigger than a caching issue. (In computing, a cache is a component that stores data so future requests for that data can be served faster.)

I can no longer find my listing. Search does not pull it up when enter 2012 R1200R. Pulls up lots of stuff that has no mention of 2012 or R1200R. Seems like there is lots of stuff that has nothing to do with BMW motorcycles, and I don't really want to look at. Wow. Really improved.

Join the club. I have just spent about 2 hours on this issue. Unbelievable. I typed in "K75" in the search and got everything but K75s for sale. It's so confusing that I can't begin to relate all the explanations that were told to me of what, where, how, etc this is happening. But the fact is that the search feature doesn't seem to function in the proper way to actually find what you want on the site. Oddly enough, the old system seemed to work fine. Look at all the lengthy explanations Panjo has posted here. To my mind, when you need a page of printed instructions to simply locate a very common item on the marketplace, there's a big problem.

The person at Panjo suggested that I suggest that there is currently no category for the early K bikes (75s, 100s) Okay, did that.
I think I understood from all involved that they are all "working on this" and that the system " is learning". Man, it's like Hal the space computer in the movie 2001.

As usual in the IT world, it's all an "improvement/upgrade" that in the end makes the system more unwieldy and difficult to use. Way too much free time on somebody's hands at these software companies. Although apparently not enough free time to actually go back on the site and do a test run to see if it works. "Gee, why would we do that? I mean, we just assumed it would work."

Bottom line: If you are currently looking to buy or sell something through the MOA site, don't get your hopes up for a while.

The person at Panjo suggested that I suggest that there is currently no category for the early K bikes (75s, 100s)

jconway607 - Again, thanks for call us and sharing your feedback on the search results and the lack of a category for Early K Bikes. We just added that category. (There is one more step that wont be complete for a few hours to get new listings assigned to that category to display in the Motorcycles For Sale subforum.) We have someone looking at search results and looking at how we weight title, description, keywords, tags, and category. Your search for "K75" was a great example for us to use to calibrate search.

UPDATE - that new category is now wired to the Motorcycles For Sale subforum.

Hi everyone,

First, we are sorry about yesterday's mishap. We were updating listings in our database and it adversely affected outdated thread posts. This bug caused many old, inactive thread posts to be recreated in BMW MOA classified's sub-forums. The bug has been fixed and the thread posts have largely been removed.

Second, there was a new bug this morning. New listings were creating duplicate thread posts. We are aware of the issue and are working to fix it immediately. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Third, we are excited to announce several new features that we have released this past week to the marketplace:

1. Wishlist feature for buyers - you can now add any listing to a 'wanted items list' by going to the listing page and clicking '+ Add To Wishlist' under the Buy Now button. These saved items appear under your 'Wishlist' which you can access by hovering over the profile icon on Panjo and clicking Wishlist.
2. Improved navigation to/within your community - new features and links which help keep you in the BMW MOA marketplace.
3. Auto-login from transactional emails - if Panjo sends you an email notifying you of a new message, you can go directly to the message on Panjo without having to sign in.
4. Community logos & forum links on listing details page - we have added the BMW MOA logo to all BMW MOA marketplace listings and a links to thread post discussions on listing detail pages.
5. WTB listing format - want-to-buy listings are now as easy to create and browse as sale listings.
6. Draft features for sellers to save and return to their work - you can now start the listing creation process and exit without your work being erased. You can return later and finish your listing from where you exited.
7. Improvements to our mobile and tablet designed pages to help browse the listing details page.

Coming up next, we are massively improving our shipping tools to help sellers calculate shipping costs to buyers.

Again, we are sorry about the bugs from the last couple days and the frustration we might have causes. Please know that we are working hard to improve the marketplace experience for you guys. If you have any feedback on the new marketplace, we would, as always, love to hear it!

Best,
Max @ Panjo Support

6. Draft features for sellers to save and return to their work - you can now start the listing creation process and exit without your work being erased. You can return later and finish your listing from where you exited.

#6 will be a handy feature.

#6 will be a handy feature.

Happy to hear you think so! Before the upgrade, there was sometimes a 20 minute max you could spend creating your listing. If it took longer than 20 min, you could not create the listing and your work would be erased. We think the new draft feature will be really handy for sellers, especially if they need to take and upload photos while creating a listing.

Hello, we are excited to announce many new upgrades and features that we have released to the marketplace this week:

1. New photo upload format - our drag and drop photo tool on the listing creation page now support PNG files. You can now add unlimited amount of photos in jpeg, jpg, gif or png.
2. New tile designs on the classifieds page - we have moved the ‘quick view’ link to below the photo and added a ‘wish list’ link as well. ‘Quick view’ allows you to quickly view the most important item details (price, description, photos) without having to navigate to the listing page. Our new ‘wish list’ link is a shortcut to bookmarking items you are interested in. You can access your wishlist by clicking ‘Wishlist’ from below the profile icon next to the search bar.
3. New shipping options - we have added additional shipping options! Previously, you had to incorporate flat fee into the overall price of the item, you can now choose local pickup, free US or global shipping, or flat fee for US or international shipping. Lots of shipping updates are on their way! If you have any suggestions, please email max@panjo.com
4. Update tracking information to buyers - You can now submit shipping tracking information after a sale. You can do this by logging into Panjo —> going to your listings —> clicking the ‘Sold’ button —> enter tracking number and carrier underneath the item sold.
5. Checkout flow redesign and security improvements - we’ve made various improvements to the checkout flow and enhanced the security for transactions on Panjo.
6. You can now sort the classifieds by ‘Last Updated’ instead of just by newest listing. ‘Last Updated’ refers to listings with recent edits by the seller.

Did you know? You can upload photos directly from Panjo’s mobile website. If you create a listing on your phone’s web browser, you can click ‘Upload Listing’ on the ‘Create a Listing Page’ and upload photos from your phone's photo library.

What’s coming up? Within the next few weeks, we will be releasing a calculated shipping option and you will be able to print a shipping label directly from Panjo at a discounted rate of about 30%. We have been hard at work negotiating with carriers to deliver this discount. Stay tuned! We are very excited about this upgrade.

Thank you all. As always, if you have any questions, feedback or support needs, please email me at max@panjo.com.

Point #3 should include "ask for a shipping quote based on zip/postal code"

This is available on other flea markets and in many cases a preferred option.

Point #3 should include "ask for a shipping quote based on zip/postal code"

This is available on other flea markets and in many cases a preferred option.

Thank you for the feedback. We will have a 'calculated shipping option' in the near future. A seller will be able to select their preferred carrier(s). Then, a buyer can enter their zip code. Shipping prices and options will be automatically generated based off a buyer's distance from a seller.

Does that sound like it would work?

Thank you for the feedback. We will have a 'calculated shipping option' in the near future. A seller will be able to select their preferred carrier(s). Then, a buyer can enter their zip code. Shipping prices and options will be automatically generated based off a buyer's distance from a seller.

Does that sound like it would work?

Yes, Zip Code (USA) AND Postal Code (Canada).

As long as it includes Canada post and USPS options.
Couriers tack on ridiculous handling charges up here in Canada.

Back