• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Don Hatton Adventure Riding School

At the Invitation of BMW Motarrad, I attended their intensive 7 day off road Instructor training program in Hechlingen Germany . I am now a fully certified BMW International off road instructor.

We are holding our next off road adventure riding course the weekend of October 3. at our 18 acre facility in Duncan British Columbia.

Cost of the course is $450. Includes lunch and snacks.

To sign up or for more information

Ladies do not be shy, this is a co-ed course.

If you want to learn to use your adventure bike for what it was designed for this is the course for you.

The course is designed for the beginner to intermediate adventure rider, I go over everything from proper riding position to picking up your bike.

Day 1: is on the facility property where we work on technique.

Day 2: is a refresher of day 1 before heading out on a 4 to 5 hour adventure ride.

The riders who gain the most from the course are riders who have riding experience either street or off road and now want to take their off road riding to a new level.

We are not a learn to ride course you must be able to ride a motorcycle to benefit from this course. 

If your goal is to safely ride off road on your adventure bike then this is the course for you.

We can be reached at info@rallyraidcanada.com

About Don Hatton:

Don Hatton has competed in more off road rallies then any Canadian to date, including Morocco, Dubai, Tunisia,Mexico.

He has competed as a member of the Cyril Despres Factory KTM team in Sardinia Italy,.

He is a three time Dakar Rally competitor and was Teamed with Simon Pavey on a BMW-Husqvarna supported team in the 2013 Dakar Rally.

He has competed in the Baja 1000 finishing 4th in his category.

Don assisted Charly Boorman in the filming of the BC stage of Extreme Frontiers Canada.

He was the featured adventure riding instructor on 12 episodes of the TSN series “Motorcycle Experience”,

Don has instructed adventure riding courses with world renowned BMW Off Road Skills instructor Simon Pavey.

He is a sought after speaker and regularly speaks to clubs and business groups on his adventures .

Testimonials:

Hi Don,

My thanks to you for sharing your expertise in a way that was practical and effective. In no other way could I have learned what I did.
My reluctance to try some of the obstacles was entirely based on my level of fatigue - which was a reflection of my fitness. Next time I'll be in better shape. Having said that, perhaps a topic you might explore with your students is how to recognize fatigue and how to deal with it - what to refocus on. Your Dakar experiences will have made you expert on this. Not to try to bring us to your level, but to share some of your experiences and concepts.

Thanks again to you and Natalie for your hospitality.

Rob

Don, it was the most fun I had on two or 4 wheels for a
long time. Learning new skills has always been my passion and I would love
to be able to adventure ride better, and pick up enduro riding before I get
too old! ;)

Please let me know when you put on a enduro class, or another adv riding
class and I'm definitely interested in coming over again.

WL

Back