• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Trans Labrador highway

armstrong13273

I'm planning a trip for next year to ride from upstate New York, and travel the Trans Labrador highway. Has anyone done this? Also I'm thinking of riding to a small town that is the farthest northern town in eastern Canada.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?81758

I can help with half of the way and with any questions that you may have. My friends and myself are planning to complete it next year - after this years mishap halfway through it :)

Also, try doing a search in the forums; Ride Reports is full of useful information :)

Last edited:
Check the latest issue Oct '15 of Road Runner magazine. They have a write up of the trans Labrador highway. Good luck

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Just came back.

Ok2blost.blogspot.com

I spent 5 weeks Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Labrador, and Quebec back to NC. Great trip, you will love it! Left NC 7/29 and returned 9/1. (Dates corrected)
6000 miles, 400+ dirt/gravel/sand/potholes, 1 1/2 days of rain (the weather gods owed me since I drowned on the TAT in May. 1 week with my wife in NS and NFLD. the remainder of the trip solo!

Last edited:
Once the TLH gets paved fully it will surely be in contention for the Worlds Most Boring Road. My buddy and I both riding GS's rode the the Trans-Lab a few years ago. At that time it was about 600 miles of sloppy wet mud as they were doing road work all along the highway except for the last pothole section at the end going into Red Bay. I don't know exactly what we were expecting but it was something more interesting and challenging than hundreds of miles of straight road. Scenery, well the first hundred miles of tundra pretty much looks like the next. At the end of our ride we both looked at each other and asked if it was worth doing, nope. I did hang out in New Foundland for a few days, do hit Gros Morne Park and the Newfies are the friendliest people on the planet. I pretty much rode the entire Maritimes and did find that area well worth the trip and would return. In fact I have been thinking about another ride that way next year, minus Labrador.

I guess I like a little more spice on my food and for my rides.

Yep, the Red Bay to Goose Bay is a replay of the first 10 miles, 25 times! Frankly, I was so focused on the road and bike I didn't really sightsee much. The Quebec dirt sections were much more interesting and a bit more challenging. Thinking of doing Gaspe Peninsula next time but I have done all the Maritimes so Alaska is probably next!

Back