• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2016 Nat'l Rally July 14 - 17 in Hamburg NY

Ok, so it' new years day and things around here are pretty quite so I get on the phone and start looking for a motel room in Hamburg for the National...................
I've got the list in the ON in front of me.

I'm not surprised to find the first couple/three places sold out.

I call the Motel 6, 2.7 miles from the Fairground. They got rooms! $108 a night! (tonight rate $59.00)
I call the Red Carpet Inn, they have rooms but haven't set a rate yet. Call back after the 20th
I call the Econolodge, they have rooms $98.00 (tonight rate $60)
I call the Red Roof, sold out
I call the Best Western. They have rooms $99.00 Thurs, $111.00 Friday & Saturday

Booked the Best Western, they have a pool!
jason

I'm slumming at the Motel 6, but got the rooms at 68 per night including the taxes. I won't be surprise if I find bed bug heaven.

I'm slumming at the Motel 6, but got the rooms at 68 per night including the taxes. I won't be surprise if I find bed bug heaven.

Dude, did you look at the reviews on Trip Advisor for the Motel 6?
I don't think I'd stay there at any price.
jason

Dude, did you look at the reviews on Trip Advisor for the Motel 6?
I don't think I'd stay there at any price.
jason

Hate to say but I haven't found price to be a factor in good accommodations. First hand knowledge relating to pride of ownership or management is the deciding factor for me.
First hand knowledge seems to be increasingly hard to find. Having people post positive experiences at the rate they post negative experiences would give (me at least) a better perspective on hired services.
OM

There are even some 'upper-level' bed bugs that refuse to stay there! :dance

Tom Bodet can turn the light off any time now.

Helping out

Hello,

I am looking to help out at this years Rally. Also I want to look at vendor space. Who are the chairs? Can PM me if you like...

I'm usually the last one to bitch and moan about any event organized by volunteers...............

But I can't believe how SLOW information about this years National is coming out!

Just got to wonder what's up?

jason

I'm usually the last one to bitch and moan about any event organized by volunteers...............

But I can't believe how SLOW information about this years National is coming out!

Just got to wonder what's up?

jason

I think the information flow on the national is on par.

DAS Rally

Greetings and Happy New Year to our MOA family members and friends.

The year of DAS Rally in Hamburg, NY has arrived! Plans are moving along well. Information about the Rally will be up on the website in the very near future, so watch for registration to be opening soon. Upcoming issues of Owners News and this web site will keep you up to date on planned tours, events, and things to see and do, along with great rides to, from and around Hamburg.

As your Rally Chairs, we want to let you know that we couldn’t be more excited about this year’s event. The venue is simply magical. Tenters and RVers will enjoy the level grassy, tree lined camping areas. There is an outstanding GS Giant event area. Rally Central will be an awesome place to hang out with friends.

Please include DAS Rally as part of your summer riding plans……..who knows, you may be helping to set a new attendance record.

Dutch & Kate

Camping

BikeNut and I and 3 others are camping!
"What, no hot water!"
See you guys under the shade.
Just 2 tanks of gas, 420 miles, 7 ' 20".
Jim

Just sent you a PM, Dutch. I'm retired and ready to roll up my sleeves!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl...thanks for your offer to volunteer at DAS Rally this summer! Every volunteer is essential, and much appreciated.
Our Volunteer Chair this year is Paul Ruffell, and anyone interested in volunteering a couple of hours at the Rally can contact him at: hamburgvolunteers@gmail.com.

Das Rally Logo

From the January ON, page 96...the logo for this year's rally.

Attachments

• MOARallyLogo2016.jpg
    MOARallyLogo2016.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 292
Back