Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Craig Vetter injured

Thanks For The Updates On Craig Vetter

Really appreciate you passing this information along.

Wayne Koppa
    #71,449
    Grayling, MI

This was posted by Duane late yesterday:

Craig will be released from the hospital tomorrow around 3 pm. He will get professional help brought in for two hours a day. They have the place modified to accommodate his needs.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Thanks for the update Kurt. I've been anxiously following this thread from the beginning. Did a little research on Mr. Vetter as a result. Found some connections to Rantoul IL.

Found some connections to Rantoul IL.
    Chanute AFB perhaps? Rantoul is, perhaps, the coldest place I have ever lived. And north central Illinois is also the flattest place I've ever lived; not much of anything to slow that prairie wind down. Five miles to the south of the old Vetter plant, east of Rantoul, you could plainly see the spire of the Lutheran Church in, of all places, Flatville.

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    Chanute AFB perhaps? Rantoul is, perhaps, the coldest place I have ever lived. And north central Illinois is also the flattest place I've ever lived; not much of anything to slow that prairie wind down. Five miles to the south of the old Vetter plant, east of Rantoul, you could plainly see the spire of the Lutheran Church in, of all places, Flatville.

It is only that way when the corn and beans are down. During their growing season you can't see more than 100 yards in any direction...if you aren't any taller than a beanstalk. Stay low and those winds won't seem near as fierce.
    MOA #46783

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post

Yes Chanute. My mom and dad were stationed there in the 70's and 80's. I lived on Chanute as a kid from third grade until my sophomore year in high school, when we moved about 25 miles up the road to a farm house in Buckley Load. I graduated high school with Tom Meentz of monster truck fame in '85 from Paxton High School... Go mustangs!

My dad had this bike...

image.jpg

To which I believe Vetter designed and sold the faring to Honda. This bike was the bike that motivated a young missile tech, Bill Maxwell, to take up riding, beemers, as it turns out, and after a long career in the Airforce Bill sold me my first bike in 2008 when I retired from the Army.

image.jpg

He also taught me how to ride. It's a small world, I wrote about it in on the October 2009 issue I believe, a 4 page first bike story. The coincidence too great not to chalk it up as fate. Bill came to my neck of the woods recently I was able to put him back on the R1200RT "Ursula", I could tell he missed his old bike.
    When I read about Vetter's incident I realized somehow he's part of the story too.

Any Update?

Haven't seen any update on Craig's progress. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobite View Post
    Haven't seen any update on Craig's progress. Any info would be appreciated.
    True that!

Working on it! I've not seen anything for quite some time.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Posted on Facebook today:

Carol is typing the for me as my typing wasn't great before the accident and it is worse now. I wanted to tell you all how great it is to be home. As I get better, I will be "writing" on here myself. Thank you all for you prayers and kind thoughts. This has been the most difficult thing I have ever had to deal with in my life.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Posted by his friend Buzz:

Buzz Kanter
    Yesterday at 05:49
    Craig Vetter report from Carol Vetter:
    "More wonderful changes at Rancho Vetter... Mr Craig seems to have stopped taking naps during the day... is exercising regularly and is quite interested in the computer. We are almost done with most of his meds and I am taking him off the ones that help him sleep. I don't think he will have any trouble sleeping without them. I also see that another one of his meds can cause dizziness. He is dizzy every time he gets up. So I am cutting that one in half and will stop it soon too... Craig does not react well to drugs and I think he is on the mend at an amazing speed. I suspect some of those drugs are holding him back...
    He had a great idea today. He suggested that we take a drive every day or evening. Just a drive... maybe to go say hello to friends or just to get out together. We went out tonight after dark and drove through downtown Carmel which always looks like Christmas to me at night. It was really fun. So watch out all you locals, you never know who might knock on your door some night soon. It won't be late though... Craig falls asleep at 8 and I am fading fast at 10.
    Today we Skyped with our friends John and Sonia in the UK. They were so patient on the other end watching me test various headsets and ear buds to find something that would allow Craig to hear them. It was a wonderful time as these 2 are very special friends.... like family... actually... closer to us than family. Sonia came over and helped me nurse Craig back to health when he had his hip replacement 2 years ago. Today they offered to fly over to take care of us. It makes me cry just thinking about it. Who does stuff like that??? What do the kids call that? BFF? Craig said, "Tell them YES" I don't know.. that is an awful lot to ask... I visualize John taking care of Craig and me and Sonia headed off for a couple of days at the spa... What do you say Sonia?
    Later this afternoon our friend Ed came for a visit. Ed had a stroke and knows what Craig is going through. Craig loved having him here. They walked down to the shop and back up chatting the whole way. I think Craig even let do some talking. God bless you Ed.
    Off to bed to try and get a couple of chapters of Dr Caroline Leaf's book Switch on Your Brain read before I pass out...
    Soli Deo Gloria."
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Thanks, Voni!

Thanks Voni

Good news, thanks Voni.

I saw this posted by Duane Ausherman on the /2 Yahoo page:

I spoke with son Zak a few days ago. Craig shows slight improvement day to day. Nothing is getting worse. He is still very needy and requires nearly full time attention. I spoke with him last week and he was totally coherent with me, but I am a very old friend, so it is easy for him.