Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2016 R1200GS Adventure Low suspension

ride height

You may also consider going with custom Wilbers or Hyperpro suspension on a standard height GSA. You have the option of 1/2", 2", or 3" lowering. Plus, the shocks are built for you and you riding style. luggage passenger and the likes included. While a bit pricey, it will make a whole different bike out of it. I have a 2014 GSA that I have lowered(5'9" 30 inseam) and what a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DENKAR55 View Post
    Wow! Great help everyone. I think I am going to give both the GS and GSA a chance. I will probably go with the GSA and a lowered suspension. I like touching with my heels! I will let you know how it stems out. Thank you everybody!!!!!
    Is it here yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DENKAR55 View Post
    Well I'm back.

Went to my home in Scottsdale AZ. Ordered my 2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure. I ordered it loaded with all options (love them all) and the lower suspension as well. It fits me very well. I am pleased. I am happy. I am ready! Will arrive in Scottsdale at GO AZ Motorcycles BMW the first week of October. I was able to get one of the very last shipped 2015's. Very lucky. Usually gone by now getting ready for the 2016's. So I was able to work out a deal as

Dennis and Karin Trovato
    Is the low seat heated?
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    Ride Safe,
    Robert Rehkopf

snakepilot
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRehkopf View Post
    Is the low seat heated?
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    No, but neither is the regular seat on a GS or GSA.

2015 GSA - lowered suspension

Quote Originally Posted by snakepilot View Post
    No, but neither is the regular seat on a GS or GSA.
    I have had the GSA (lowered) all summer and have 26,000 kms on the bike now. I am 5'10" w a 30" inseam and can touch the ground flat footed. This is by far the best BMW I have owned. I lowered the pegs to give my legs a little rest and I have yet to scrape the pegs. I scrape my boots first and after wearing out one pair this summer I am careful to keep the balls on my feet on the pegs in the corners. The only complaint is the most uncomfortable seat, typical of the previous 2 BMW's I owned. I have a drive-in appt. at Russell for a new replacement, similar to all the other BMW's I have owned. Then I suspect this bike will be near perfect.
    Dave Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2010 1200RT

snakepilot

Thumbs up

Thanks for the report Dave.
    I am trading my 2014 GS standard suspension on a 2016 GSA lowered suspension that just arrived at the NJ port today. I have ordered the standard seat, so the seat to peg dimension is the same as the regular suspension GSA.
    I find the standard BMW seat comfortable. I know many folks don't.
    According to the BMW website, the standard GS has a seat of 33.5/34.3 and the GSA with the standard seat is 33.1/33.9, so I will be .4 inch lower which is great for me. (5'10"- 31" inseam). Those that order the low suspension with the low seat (no charge for the low seat) will have a height of 32.3/33.1 but a shorter seat to peg distance.
    I do not go off road, just some unpaved roads (gravel/ dirt) so I am told the handling will not suffer and the decreased ground clearance will not be a factor for my intended use. That's what I am hoping anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRehkopf View Post
    Is the low seat heated?
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    No neither the stock or lower seats are heated on the Adventure. But yes the grips are heated!!!
    Dennis and Karin Trovato
    2005 BMW R1200GS (In Europe) //// 2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure (In USA)

I picked up a new 2015 GSA, with factory lowered suspension, the middle of last week. It, too, was one of the last 2015s (production date was July 2015). Before buying, I was able to test ride a standard height GS and the very bike I ended up buying (the lowered GSA). If anything, the GSA was ever-so-slightly lower than the GS. I could comfortably flat foot the GSA (I'm 5'8"). The chance to test ride both made the difference; I went with the GSA. I thought I'd feel much more of a difference riding the GSA in terms of weight and handling, but I didn't. I wanted the GSA. I've got 500 miles on it in a couple of days and I don't regret my choice one bit. By the way, I was moving from an '06 RT that I'd had for 9 1/2 years.
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure