• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member near Tampa, FL

keith_m

Hello everyone, my name is Keith. I live about 30 minutes north of Tampa in a little town called Dade City. For the past couple of years, I've been riding a Suzuki cruiser and have nothing but good memories from the time I spent on it. Well, except for long trips. It really caused a lot of pain in my tailbone and made traveling real difficult.

I'm here now because a friend of mine has offered to sell me his 2004 R1150GS. I've never owned a BMW before, so I joined here to find out some of the good and bad points of the bikes, and ownership. I can tell you this, the GS is way more comfortable than my current bike. If I'm able to unload mine, I will gladly start riding the GS every day.

By the way, if anyone is interested in a 1998 Suzuki Intruder VS1400... :wave

Welcome Keith!
I'm sure your going to love the GS, Thanks for being a member!

I think you're right! I'm certainly enjoying it so far. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome neighbor. You got some nice roads out that way. My 07RT comes through there often.

Let me know sometime when you're planning to ride out through Pasco, I'd like to ride with you if I can. I work nights so most of my riding is late afternoon/evening, which doesn't mesh too well with most people and their schedules. I've met a good many people through the other forum I'm a member of, and in fact, I wouldn't be riding this GS today if I hadn't made some connections through the other forum!

I graduated from St. Leo College in 1983, long before it became St. Leo University. Right down the road from you. Spent many hours in Dade City.

I graduated from St. Leo College in 1983, long before it became St. Leo University. Right down the road from you. Spent many hours in Dade City.

My wife graduated from St. Leo too! We've lived here in Dade City for the past 10 years, before that other places in Pasco. My wife is from Mississippi and I'm from upstate NY.

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the club and the forum! I'm sure you'll love your GS - good luck unloading your suzuki.

Thanks for being a member!!

Back