• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1990 K1 tire and spline lube???

E.L. Buff

1990 K1 with old tires cant not find date code, tires look great no cracks anywhere but feel very hard do i replace them or ride on ??? and should i lube the spline bike only has 8000 miles on it fixed or replaced so much
already where does it end ho ya need fork tubes old one pitted only $900 BUCKS FOR NEW ONES and no ones
off a k1100 are not the same .
Thanks Don the cleaning off the starter fixed the headlight and starter button right up .
Ernie:banghead

Lee
I found a set off a k100rs 1985 on ebay I was trying to see if the fork tubes will fit my 90 K1
i dont think so the max bmw parts fiche shows per 90 is one set and from 90 is another my K1 was built in 89
how do i know??
Thanks Ernie

The '85 tubes will not fit.

The only one that will fit: 31 42 2 310 146 STANCHION (to 08/91) $471.96

This fork tube only fits: K1 1/89-11/92 and K100RS 7/90-1/92

That is just the fork tube (chrome part) not the whole fork.

The difference between the pre 8/91 K1 and K100RS 4V forks and the post 8/91 K1 and K100RS 4V forks is the pre 8/91 forks had different dampers inside.

:dance:dance:dance

1990 K1 with old tires cant not find date code, tires look great no cracks anywhere but feel very hard do i replace them or ride on ???

I'd surely replace the tires if you have any doubt to their age or condition- especially if the nice lady in your photo/avatar rides on the bike with you.

Jim
new tires came into the shop today dropped off rims waiting for mounting
my wife only rides on my K1200LT the K1 is all for me I may someday get her on my K1100RS if she feels alittle sporty. Found some forks on ebay today getting ready for the Klassic K Kampout in October.
Ernie

forks off a K100rs fit same as my old ones upgraded the fork springs while i had then apart WOW what a
better feel and ride. New tires,oil change,riding lights,forks fixed,All ready to go I will post pics when I get back from the Klassic K Kampout
Ernie:dance

PS and the spline lube cant forget that

Back