Thread: Tool kit for a 2015 R1200GSA

Tool kit for a 2015 R1200GSA

As I have found out, the tool kit on the R1200 GSA in almost nonexistent. What is needed for these machines in special tools? I don't want to over pack but I want to have what I'll need," just in case". Is it better to get one already made up or make up your own?

Google motohansa - nicer stuff than my Cruze kit and also has model specific bits

Adventure Designs make a great kit. A bit costly but they are high quality and just about anything you will ever need for maintenance and trailside repair is included. I bought the kit for my RT in '12 when I got my bike and have done all work with that kit exclusively; only exception is a torque wrench.

You won't be disappointed.

Seconds on the Moto Hansa kit. I picked up mine at Ted Porters booth at the rally but I don't see them on his website, you might have to call him direct. Designed more as a travel kit than a shop kit, but with a few additions it could function as your shop kit.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    The biggest mistake people make... is thinking they have time.

GSA Tool Kit

The best advice I can give you is carry all the tools necessary to do all of the tasks YOU CAN DO on your bike. If you are working in tour shop on your bike use the tools in your tool kit. If you are missing a tool add it to your tool kit. Soon you will have an excellent tool kit. I also carry a laptop and GS911 and a good plug kit and best rest compressor. I do not carry full socket, wrench sets as I don't need them all, just the ones I need. I spread the weight around so I do not have all the weight in one spot.

In the end there is no sense carry tools if you don't know how to fix your bike, but it is important that you carry to tool necessary to fix what you can and nothing more.

You will be surprised if your careful how small this can all be packed.

Good luck
    David Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2015 R1200GSA-LC

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ride View Post
    Adventure Designs make a great kit. A bit costly but they are high quality and just about anything you will ever need for maintenance and trailside repair is included. I bought the kit for my RT in '12 when I got my bike and have done all work with that kit exclusively; only exception is a torque wrench.

You won't be disappointed.
    I'll 2nd this kit.

Jay

I have the Cruze tool kit for on the road repairs and carry it in the Touratech tool box Made for the R1200GS Adv.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    www.JVBProductions.com Now, all videos available via download or DVD, or USB for the Wethead.