• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tool kit for a 2015 R1200GSA

1der

As I have found out, the tool kit on the R1200 GSA in almost nonexistent. What is needed for these machines in special tools? I don't want to over pack but I want to have what I'll need," just in case". Is it better to get one already made up or make up your own?

Adventure Designs make a great kit. A bit costly but they are high quality and just about anything you will ever need for maintenance and trailside repair is included. I bought the kit for my RT in '12 when I got my bike and have done all work with that kit exclusively; only exception is a torque wrench.

You won't be disappointed.

Seconds on the Moto Hansa kit. I picked up mine at Ted Porters booth at the rally but I don't see them on his website, you might have to call him direct. Designed more as a travel kit than a shop kit, but with a few additions it could function as your shop kit.

GSA Tool Kit

The best advice I can give you is carry all the tools necessary to do all of the tasks YOU CAN DO on your bike. If you are working in tour shop on your bike use the tools in your tool kit. If you are missing a tool add it to your tool kit. Soon you will have an excellent tool kit. I also carry a laptop and GS911 and a good plug kit and best rest compressor. I do not carry full socket, wrench sets as I don't need them all, just the ones I need. I spread the weight around so I do not have all the weight in one spot.

In the end there is no sense carry tools if you don't know how to fix your bike, but it is important that you carry to tool necessary to fix what you can and nothing more.

You will be surprised if your careful how small this can all be packed.

Good luck

Adventure Designs make a great kit. A bit costly but they are high quality and just about anything you will ever need for maintenance and trailside repair is included. I bought the kit for my RT in '12 when I got my bike and have done all work with that kit exclusively; only exception is a torque wrench.

You won't be disappointed.

I'll 2nd this kit.

Jay

I have the Cruze tool kit for on the road repairs and carry it in the Touratech tool box Made for the R1200GS Adv.

20150813_073918%5B1%5D-M.jpg

20150813_073907%5B1%5D-M.jpg

Back