• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Have you got a nice story?

A 21-year-old man has made history as the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon

CNN)Special Olympics athlete Chris Nikic crossed the finish line on Saturday to become the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon.

Guiness World Records recognized Nikic's achievement after he finished a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride and a 26.2-marathon run at the Ironman Florida competition in Panama City Beach.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/heal...yndrome-completes-ironman-scn-trnd/index.html

Nice :thumb

OM

:thumb:thumb

Two gas station managers are recording homeless people in Fresno, California, and are going viral because of it. CBS News correspondent Vladimir Duthiers explains why people on social media were so moved by their stories, they sent boxes of supplies and money to help them.

:clap :clap

OM

Two gas station managers are recording homeless people in Fresno, California, and are going viral because of it. CBS News correspondent Vladimir Duthiers explains why people on social media were so moved by their stories, they sent boxes of supplies and money to help them.

:clap :clap

OM

How simple and yet brilliant.

This happened to me in 2017.

Friday morning I gas up in Steamboat and take off for the west. Every year I go to Colorado and say I'm going to Utah, every year it's too hot and I stay in Colorado. Not this year, I'm going. I don't care how hot it is, this is the year.
I pull into a convenience store/gas stop in Rangely, CO about 9:30am. Pull the helmet and gloves off, reach into my left pocket.....two tubes of lip balm and a pocket knife is all I find. What I don't find is my money clip w/ a couple of hundred dollars cash, credit cards, atm card, drivers license, insurance cards, basically everything you need. Apparently I left it in Steamboat(not likely) or I forgot to zip up that pocket and it fell out in the 154 miles between Steamboat and Rangely(more likely).
I sit down to collect my thoughts. I look up and call the station in Steamboat. No one has turned it in, they go look near the pump I was at, it's not there. Well, that saves me a trip
Ok, I'll find a bank and have funds transferred from my bank. I find Bank of the San Juans a couple of blocks down on main street. Surprisingly, there's a bit of a crowd, two people in front of me and one comes in behind me. Since my request is going to be a bit on the unusual side, I consider letting the man behind me go before me. Luckily, the line moves quickly and before I decide it's my turn.
I step up to the teller. " Hi, I need some advice. I've lost my wallet. Cash, credit cards, ID, everything. I'd like to see about transferring money from my bank to here. Can you help me?"
The teller is a young lady and very nice. "I can't do that if you don't have an account here"
"I'll open an account."
"You can't open an account without an ID."
By now, the man behind me and myself are the only customers. The other teller comes over and offers that maybe I could use Western Union. She calls the hardware store in town that does western union and asks if I can set up a password instead of an ID. No such luck, no ID means no funds.
Feeling fairly defeated and completely frazzled, I go sit in the lobby and pull out my phone. I'm trying to decide who to call or what to look up when the gentleman that was behind me comes over and sits down beside me.
"Tell me your story again."
I go through the whole spiel again...gassed up in Steamboat, lost wallet, etc.
"How much do you think you need?"
"I can't take your money." About then I realize that I'm going to have to take someone's money. "I don't know. I'm two nights from my truck and then home, gas to get there, gas for the truck to get home, something to eat..."
"$500 get you there?" And he opens up his wallet and pulls out 5 crisp, new hundred dollar bills.
I thank him,get his info so I can mail him a check. I try to give him my name and info.
"It doesn't matter." He's already figured out that I'm either going to send the money back or I'm not. Having my possibly made up info isn't going to change whether or not he gets repaid. I shake his hand, thank him again, and he leaves.
I ride to Mexican Hat, spend the night. I decide that I'll ride to Silver City the next day, retrieve my truck, and drive straight through. I'm not sure $500 is going to be enough for two nights and gas. I think it will, but what if something else goes wrong?
I leave Mexican Hat about 6:30 am Saturday and I'm pulling in my driveway at 5 am Sunday.
And I have $138 left. Another hotel room would have almost wiped me out.
TL;DR
I lost my money and ID and a complete stranger gives me $500 to get home. And won't take my info.
There are still good people in this world. I ran into one of them Friday.
What would have happened if I had let him go before me at the bank? He'd have never heard my story and I guess I'd still be there.

I miss Steve Hartman’s segments. About the only thing I miss from my divorcing myself from the news. Thanks for sharing these videos Gary.

I miss Steve Hartman’s segments. About the only thing I miss from my divorcing myself from the news. Thanks for sharing these videos Gary.
You are welcome Reece!
It's nice to have some good news and information once in a while.
Gary

Up in Alberta, they are not giving up.

For members of Luminous Voices, a professional choir ensemble in Alberta, Canada, rehearsing and performing safely during the pandemic has meant getting into their cars, driving to an empty parking lot and singing with each other's voices broadcast through their car radios.

More on this story by clicking here!.

Enjoy.....from someone that can't carry a tune in a dump truck....

OM

Gary you made Rhonda cry with that one. We don’t watch any news anymore... it’s these stories we miss. Thanks for sharing.

Gary you made Rhonda cry with that one. We don’t watch any news anymore... it’s these stories we miss. Thanks for sharing.

Nothing wrong with a cry out of compassion Reece :nod

The Woof Woof Woof was a clickable link......sometimes missed

Glad you two enjoyed it.

Gary

Share The Wind

Met a guy at Meat Cove, Nova Scotia prior to the Digby Wharf Rat Rally a few years ago that volunteers sidecar rides for elderly/infirmed/kids etc that otherwise would not have the opportunity to experience what we do every day. A chance for them to experience the joy of an open air rip around in his sidecar rig. Kevin Bean're is his name and he can be found on Facebook at Kevin Bean're or Share the Wind. Sorry I can't manage links and such, but worth a quick search I'd say.

Met a guy at Meat Cove, Nova Scotia prior to the Digby Wharf Rat Rally a few years ago that volunteers sidecar rides for elderly/infirmed/kids etc that otherwise would not have the opportunity to experience what we do every day. A chance for them to experience the joy of an open air rip around in his sidecar rig. Kevin Bean're is his name and he can be found on Facebook at Kevin Bean're or Share the Wind. Sorry I can't manage links and such, but worth a quick search I'd say.

I have a fond memory of a gentleman in our church who did that with his old Vette convertible. My young son who was wheelchair bound got the biggest smile on his face and wanted to go again and again. A little compassion goes a long way. Bravo to Kevin. His reward is not of this world.

Thanks for the contribution to the thread.

The Facebook link is- https://www.facebook.com/sharethewind/ looks like it’s public so you don’t have to be a FB member to view.
OM

Back