Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Have you got a nice story?

We could learn a lot from kids...

From this morning’s episode of CBS Sunday Morning:

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/soul-sisters/

Best,
    DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    It’s nice to see the firefighters slipping back to what used to be a lot more common.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...is-coming-true

The Force is strong in Bedford and New Boston NH.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Remote Area Medical: Serving the Underserved

om
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

This is truly a wonderful service provided to these folks. I have ridden many times in this area, and I can believe that there is definitely a need here for this. It is just sad to know that these people, mostly extremely hard working, have simply fallen thru the cracks.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

The recent HBO documentary is around 80 minutes and the RAM group was setup at Bristol Motor Speedway.
    Quite a story and well worth watching.
    om
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Again, inspired by CBS Sunday Morning-

http://www.heroesofthesecondworldwar.org

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Still a fan of Steve Hartman's work. Here's his story about a guy whose hand I'd like to shake!:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/how-a-...hanging-lives/

Best,

DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Nice .

om
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Nice story

My wife got me an ex German Polizei R 80RT in exchange for letting her adopt a 13 year old golden retriever. I thought it was pretty nice.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Smile

My people have been farmers in Illinois for several generations. 35-40 years ago my parents left the home place and bought a small farm near where my younger brother had just started farming my maternal grandparents place. Dad and Mom lived about 2 1/2 miles from the closest village and state highway. Whenever a large snowfall would hit, the side roads they lived on would drift shut. After the road commissioner would come through and reopen them with a snowplow Dad would fire up one of the loader tractors with a 7 1/2 ft. bucket and head off and start digging out the neighbors driveways. These could be anywhere from 50 ft. to almost 100 yards long depending on how far back the house and garage set. The neighbors would come out to thank him and the newer ones would try to pay him. He would always smile and shake his head no. They, over the years would learn his currency of trade---he was never known to have turned down a cookie or two.

Way to go!!!
    From CNN

Chiang Rai, Thailand (CNN)

Thais reacted with relief and jubilation after rescue teams reported that they'd found all 12 boys and their soccer coach alive in a cave in Thailand nine days after the group went missing.

Rescuers at the scene outside Chiang Rai in northern Thailand cheered, exchanged high fives and slapped each others' backs as it emerged that British cave divers had made contact with the boys deep withing the cave complex, after navigating tight, flooded passages to reach them.
    The Thai Navy released a video on Facebook apparently showing the moment the group were found. In the almost 5-minute clip, the boys are illuminated by torchlight while a diver can be heard speaking to them.
    In the tape of the encounter, one of the British rescuers asks, in English, how many were in the group. Thirteen, the boys report. "Thirteen, brilliant!" the diver replies -- the number accounts for the entire missing party.

More at CNN- https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/asia/...ntl/index.html

om
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Way to go!!!
    From CNN

Chiang Rai, Thailand (CNN)

Thais reacted with relief and jubilation after rescue teams reported that they'd found all 12 boys and their soccer coach alive in a cave in Thailand nine days after the group went missing. ... In the tape of the encounter, one of the British rescuers asks, in English, how many were in the group. "Thirteen," the boys report. "Thirteen, brilliant!" the diver replies -- the number accounts for the entire missing party.

om
    Thanks for contributing this. I've spent a lot of time in Thailand, so this was a special story to me and am really happy to see it in forum. I didn't even know there was a "Nice Stories" thread but will remember now.
    "Soló el que ensaya lo absurdo es capaz de conquistar lo imposible." Miguel de Unamuno 1905

Mark - Las Cruces, NM - '17 R1200 GSA

om
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I was traveling thru Tennessee some years back. Stopped in Parker's Crossroads for a Civil War stop just off I-40. Did a quick stop and look about. There was a car in the parking lot with Ohio plates. Sitting in my van, I observed the older couple start to get in their car. I got out and in a loud voice I said. 'What's round on both ends and high in the middle.' They both stopped looked at me perplexed, then looked at each other; then back at me. Both raised their hands and gave me a, what is it expression. I said rather loudly, OHIO! They stood there in disbelief, then it hit them like a ton of bricks. They both started laughing so hard, it hurt. Got me to laughing. I'm sure it made their day, it definitely made mine.