• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Have you got a nice story?

This is truly a wonderful service provided to these folks. I have ridden many times in this area, and I can believe that there is definitely a need here for this. It is just sad to know that these people, mostly extremely hard working, have simply fallen thru the cracks. :thumb

The recent HBO documentary is around 80 minutes and the RAM group was setup at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Quite a story and well worth watching.
om

Nice story

My wife got me an ex German Polizei R 80RT in exchange for letting her adopt a 13 year old golden retriever. I thought it was pretty nice. :thumb

Friedle

My people have been farmers in Illinois for several generations. 35-40 years ago my parents left the home place and bought a small farm near where my younger brother had just started farming my maternal grandparents place. Dad and Mom lived about 2 1/2 miles from the closest village and state highway. Whenever a large snowfall would hit, the side roads they lived on would drift shut. After the road commissioner would come through and reopen them with a snowplow Dad would fire up one of the loader tractors with a 7 1/2 ft. bucket and head off and start digging out the neighbors driveways. These could be anywhere from 50 ft. to almost 100 yards long depending on how far back the house and garage set. The neighbors would come out to thank him and the newer ones would try to pay him. He would always smile and shake his head no. They, over the years would learn his currency of trade---he was never known to have turned down a cookie or two.

Way to go!!! :thumb
From CNN

Chiang Rai, Thailand (CNN)

Thais reacted with relief and jubilation after rescue teams reported that they'd found all 12 boys and their soccer coach alive in a cave in Thailand nine days after the group went missing.

Rescuers at the scene outside Chiang Rai in northern Thailand cheered, exchanged high fives and slapped each others' backs as it emerged that British cave divers had made contact with the boys deep withing the cave complex, after navigating tight, flooded passages to reach them.
The Thai Navy released a video on Facebook apparently showing the moment the group were found. In the almost 5-minute clip, the boys are illuminated by torchlight while a diver can be heard speaking to them.
In the tape of the encounter, one of the British rescuers asks, in English, how many were in the group. Thirteen, the boys report. "Thirteen, brilliant!" the diver replies -- the number accounts for the entire missing party.

More at CNN- https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/asia/thai-cave-rescue-intl/index.html

:clap :clap :clap

om

Way to go!!! :thumb
From CNN

Chiang Rai, Thailand (CNN)

Thais reacted with relief and jubilation after rescue teams reported that they'd found all 12 boys and their soccer coach alive in a cave in Thailand nine days after the group went missing. ... In the tape of the encounter, one of the British rescuers asks, in English, how many were in the group. "Thirteen," the boys report. "Thirteen, brilliant!" the diver replies -- the number accounts for the entire missing party.

:clap :clap :clap

om

Thanks for contributing this. I've spent a lot of time in Thailand, so this was a special story to me and am really happy to see it in forum. I didn't even know there was a "Nice Stories" thread but will remember now. :)

I was traveling thru Tennessee some years back. Stopped in Parker's Crossroads for a Civil War stop just off I-40. Did a quick stop and look about. There was a car in the parking lot with Ohio plates. Sitting in my van, I observed the older couple start to get in their car. I got out and in a loud voice I said. 'What's round on both ends and high in the middle.' They both stopped looked at me perplexed, then looked at each other; then back at me. Both raised their hands and gave me a, what is it expression. I said rather loudly, OHIO! They stood there in disbelief, then it hit them like a ton of bricks. They both started laughing so hard, it hurt. Got me to laughing. I'm sure it made their day, it definitely made mine. :)

Best Ride Of Her Life
Attleboro Mayor Completes Cross-Country Journey With Dying Dog

om

Just read this and thought it fit here.

Dad thanks kind stranger who entertained his daughter in the airport

"Watching them in that moment, I couldn’t help but think, different genders, different races, different generations, and the best of friends. This is the world I want for her."

friends.jpg

Just read this and thought it fit here.

Dad thanks kind stranger who entertained his daughter in the airport

"Watching them in that moment, I couldn’t help but think, different genders, different races, different generations, and the best of friends. This is the world I want for her."

View attachment 72547

:thumb

I would hope it’s what we would all want, it is what I want, and put my life on the line for. Thanks for sharing brother.

Back